Anyone near spalding/peterbrough directions needed please

I have to take a trailer up to spalding again tonight. Last night the a16 was shut at crowland which they have been advertising for a while. I was told by the guy i was shadowing that the way round it was to go to market deeping and go through deeping st nicholas (i assume he means the A1175) however if he does that is closed to.

I ended up following the a15 to bourne then turning right onto the a151 and what a god forsaken road that is my teeth are still loose and i didnt go much above 35 there are several almost litteral speedbumps in the road. Satnav did suggest i went on the b1180 but i didnt like the look of it so decided to follow the road into spalding and some very tight turns in spalding. On the way back out having looked at google maps i decided to try the satnav route and it took me out through pinchbeck on the b1180 and apart from missing a turn and ending up on the old road it did seem easier than spalding

All told it was an extra hour round this route each way is there a better way in from the a1 north bound

I might be…

Misunderstanding what you’re doing here but.

A1 into Peterborough, A15 north to Market Deeping then from the Market Deeping by-pass you’ll run onto the A1175 to Spalding.

google.co.uk/maps/@52.68723 … 312!8i6656

a1175 is shut as well

cooper1203:
a1175 is shut as well

Edit: A15 and A151. Can’t see any weight restrictions. If you want better roads then its via Wishbeach and the A17. Good luck

richiem1987:

cooper1203:
a1175 is shut as well

Edit: A15 and A151. Can’t see any weight restrictions. If you want better roads then its via Wishbeach and the A17. Good luck

thanks

cooper1203:
a1175 is shut as well

It is indeed…

The most obvious easy route and they shut that too. :unamused:

Looks like your teeth will take another rattling again then.

thelincolnite.co.uk/2022/06/clo … undabouts/

What tight turns in Spalding? If you’re wanting the industrial estate when you come in off Bourne Road over the level crossing, turn left at the traffic lights, right at roundabout at Sainsbugs and follow your nose til you get to another set of traffic lights. Turn left, up Pinchbeck Road and turn right on B1180 or up Enterprise way before it.