Premier foods spalding

Hi guys just a bit of advice please from you more experienced! Haven’t done much over this way and will be coming from north Wales obvious route would be along the A50 then the 52 to the a1 but I will be 14 "8 so won’t get under the bridge at Grantham which way would u go from there? And also parking in that area would be smashing! Thanks!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.312144,-3.465112

There is ways around it but far too much flaffin around to explain, you could get into Grantham at either Gonerby Moor (northern) end or Spittlegate (southern) end, however I would just avoid Grantham altogether and go in via the A47/A16 personally, A52 has specs near Bingham and another truck speed cam near Grantham, and a long section of specs the other side of Gratham, a royal pita trip in the day as well.

I would strongly advise you avoid the A17 route in peak times as well btw, unless your travelling very late night / early morning.

I live local to these places btw.

You can pick up the A47 from either Leicester ring road or South of Grantham via the A1

I usually park-up in a layby on the bypass in Boston direction. Might be worth parking up before Spalding as they’re quite often pretty full. Also whatever route you plot to/from you can’t go through Stamford.

another way, a50/A6/a6006 to melton mow, b676 to colseterworth then a151 all way to Spalding, low bridge 3 miles past colst think its 15" 6’. :slight_smile:

Thanks for ur help! I went to this place on my first day for the company I work for and I turned off at colsterworth into the unknown! It would be ok if you know the road but 1st time fully freighted in an artic was an eye opener prob be ok now used to it! I don’t know if I’ll make the delivery tomorrow night or first thing fri morning! Depends how tomorrow’s jobs go first! But thanks for your help anyways! Nice to see its not all sarcasm and bitchyness on here :slight_smile:

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.312128,-3.465141

really bad roadworks on A17 a holbeach so avoid if poss during the day
a good place to park is tha Anglia motel or on the other side of the A17 the Farm cafe (both near Fleet Hargate)

I wouldn’t recommend the B676 if your heavy, or if you get nervous of other trucks coming the other way flat out with less than a couple of inches between mirrors, ok if your local as it’s a fun drive :smiley:

i would go A50,A52
a couple of miles before grantham get onto the A1 north for a couple of miles then turn right at gonerby moor (services and downtown superstore) follow the road into grantham down the hill (with speed camera) and under the bridge .in grantham go through the town centre as its easier than going around the “ring road” then pick up signs for a52 boston.follow a52 for approx half hour. get onto A17 at Bicker heading towards Kings Lynn
p.s i think i used to do boston to deeside in approx 4 hrs

If you coming to the A1 from the 52 and want to avoid grantham all together you could head south on A1 to Peterborough come off on A47 parkway stay on that up to the new crowland bypass straight through to spading

Dave77erf:
If you coming to the A1 from the 52 and want to avoid grantham all together you could head south on A1 to Peterborough come off on A47 parkway stay on that up to the new crowland bypass straight through to spading

You say ‘new’ crowland bypass… :laughing:

Thanks ram head I think last time I was over that way I loaded out of the sugar factory in whissington and made it on to a layby near Crewe in 4 1/2 or just under so ur about right there matey! I’ll be leaving mold so good chance traffic permitting I’ll make it in a shift! But we shall see! What’s the height of the bridge from gonerby moor! I’m going to buy one of those proper trucker maps one of these days just to tight fisted to pay £25 for one!lol! Thanks again!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.312127,-3.465139

Own Account Driver:

Dave77erf:

You say ‘new’ crowland bypass… :laughing:

Well I surpose it’s been open for a while now only used part off it from spading to crowland not to Peterborough it just seemed to take along while for it to open

This is my new motor if anyone sees me stuck please help! Lol

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.312135,-3.465120

you must have a massive cab if your flat trailer is 14"8inch high (lol)