North Wales - A55

Did a run over to Holyhead on tuesday.

I don’t often get to that neck of the woods.

What I did notice is that there are seemingly no truckstops from Chester all the way to Holyhead.

I managed to park up at Bangor services (£10 with a £5 meal voucher - not bad) but this was the only place I could find to park up in a 90 mile stretch (apart from the obvious layby).

Do you lot know of any decent truckstops in this area as i’ve been told I’m to be doing more runs in North Wales?

Check out the overnight stops forum mate :laughing:

cheers clarky - i forgot about that!

lol… :laughing:

whats it like doing Hiab work? As I start new job on Monday doing it!

hiabman:
Did a run over to Holyhead on tuesday.

I don’t often get to that neck of the woods.

What I did notice is that there are seemingly no truckstops from Chester all the way to Holyhead.

I managed to park up at Bangor services (£10 with a £5 meal voucher - not bad) but this was the only place I could find to park up in a 90 mile stretch (apart from the obvious layby).

Do you lot know of any decent truckstops in this area as i’ve been told I’m to be doing more runs in North Wales?

They are trying to build one in Caerwys, near the Prestatyn turn off but are facing a large crowd of torch-bearing NIMBYS! :unamused: They are also planning on building a VOSA weighbridge there too… :imp:

hammer:
They are trying to build one in Caerwys, near the Prestatyn turn off but are facing a large crowd of torch-bearing NIMBYS! :unamused:

Jesus, i remember when they done that to holiday homes around there !! No ones safe !!

I think the council/VOSA /Police etc etc are in the process of closing the butty vans and some of the laybys on the full stretch of A55. Something to do with road safety !

hiabman:

You’re observation didn’t fail you. There ain’t any. For a main trunk route to a major Ferry it’s desperatley needed. But they do have regular VOSA checks on the same route, and, funnily enough they catch a lot for having not enough daily rest?!