Overnight parking recommendations, Wales

Can anyone recommend any overnight parking in Wales please?

I seem to be travelling there a lot in my new job at Premdor, but I’m not that familiar with Wales at all, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

I have got a truckstop guide, but unfortunately it only covers England.

Thanks in advance

north south or mid wales :question:

jon

Ooops sorry! Forgot to say which part.

I am looking for parking in the Mid/South Wales areas. I already know of the M4 service stations, I was just wondering if there are any dedicated lorry parks anywhere.

Thanks

I used to park in Brecon on the lorry park in the town.
There’s a Morrisons round the corner a couple of pubs and a chippie.
There’s a nice bar by the canal that serves great food and you can sit outside when the weather’s ok and watch the locals fishing.
There’s also good facilities in the theatre and you can get a good wash when you park up.
I think it’s about £3.00 for 12 hours parking

you have the cattle market at ross but theres a lot of gypsys in the area at the moment . then you got the truckstop between monmouth and ross. anywhere near hereford you can park near the football gorund.

camarthen you can park on the cattle market (follow signs).

theres a msa near bangor you can park at on the a55 owned by moto.

can’t think of much else about

jon

If you are going there regular you might take a look at your customers premises. They are pretty laid back about parking on their land & there is normally a supermarket & pub within walking distance. I really liked the resident Welsh but when I got back to Sotton Docks it seemed the Welsh truckers had a real chip on their shoulder. Maybe they get anxious when they leave the valleys.

Thanks for the replies.

Plenty of tips there too, I really have no idea in Wales at all, so all the suggestions are very gratefully received.

As for the little lorry park in Brecon David, I stayed there last week. My first drop was at Robert Price builders merchants directly opposite so it was perfect, pity I broke down the next morning due to a flat battery!

Although it states on the notice board in the park that no sleeping is allowed, I was told by a couple of others there that no-one bothers, and it is £3.00 for 12 hours.

you have the cattle market at ross

Parking,yes,eat the food,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…

Go into Ross town instead.

The company I used to work for,have a load of lads that park their every night during the week, (As I used to) awaiting their nightly changeovers,and they go into town rather than enjoy death by cattle market food.

You have been warned.

As for the gypsies,if you see some C.■■■■ lads about,with white Premiums,then speak to a lad,called Andy Fishwick who drives KE53 CUX, (Or used to) and tell him I sent you.You’ll be well looked after,and learn how to drink in town. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

when doing sth wales i always parked out side there premises,or if poss inside,as for brecon,parked but never found anyone who paid the £3.
never got any trouble even with tautliners,8x4 sheets of ply dont tend to go so quick,not in packs of 50.

dont forget the cattle market in newport as well,not sure how much it costs but it is secureas they have gates .The only problem there is the whores knocking on the cabs.

The only problem there is the whores knocking on the cabs.

Problem? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

parked up outside my tip on thursday, a place called pan y fan ind est, set off walking towards what i thought was the nearest village all down hill so kept going eventually in to the bottom of the valley to find a little town called tiebery or something like that, nice kebab n chips and jumped in a taxi back as i couldn’t face the hill, i’d walked miles literally, not a mistake i’ll make again!

So you could say…

‘It’s a long way to Tiebery’… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll get me coat.

Ken.

I have got a truckstop guide, but unfortunately it only covers England.

that must answer your queistion :question: :unamused: :unamused:

Quinny:
So you could say…

‘It’s a long way to Tiebery’… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll get me coat.

Ken.

:laughing: apparently it’s just as far coming back :blush:

1 country mile = 3 town miles,plus the walk will do you good

tin hat on :smiley:

Newport cattle market costs a fiver and only five minutes walk from Wetherspoons also a good chinkies two minutes walk spot on. The only probs is the local whores but just say no and they wont bother you no more as there is only the two that operate, Dont suppose they do much business anyway when you get a look at them :open_mouth:

stevie.c:
Dont suppose they do much business anyway when you get a look at them :open_mouth:

With the amount of 50p’s she comes home with I’d say business is good…

Cheers lads :stuck_out_tongue:

btw Taylors cafe at the Coldra has now gone up to £4.50 :frowning:

There’s the bus station at Abergaveney as well, free to park, short walk into town, from memory think its 6pm to 8am

There’s the bus station at Abergaveney as well

They have buses? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.