Truckstop South Wales

Just been informed I’m picking up in Bridgend first thing on Monday morning, so can I drive up on Sunday.
Is there any GOOD truck stops that will be open on Sunday evening?
By “good” I mean real truck stops, not services, lay bys or industrial estates)
Had the missus looking and she cant find one (and she’s normally very good!)

Cheers in advance. Russ

edited to add or a pub with large enough car park for a 26 tonner.

I’m struggling to think of any truck stops in South Wales, let alone good ones which are open on Sunday evenings… where are you coming from?

Essex. Only ones I’m aware of at all in that area of Wales are Newport Truck Stop, where I have stayed before and found to be good.
And Newport lorry park which I know nothing about. Sadly the Truck Stop closes at 4 pm an Sunday (allegedly) and that’s about when I’ll be getting there. Was really hoping to find some where I could watch the Grand Prix!! :frowning:

Bloody transport managers ruining my weekend!!

Do you have to stay in a truckstop I.e is it a high value load? If not why don’t you just park on Eastmoors Road in Cardiff where Celsa steelworks are? Just a short 5 min walk if that over the bridge pass the prison and you have Cardiff city centre with everything you need and St Mary’s street with all the pubs you could ask for innit where I’ve no doubt one or 2 will be showing the Grand Prix possibly The Walkabout right at the top of St Mary’s Street.
Oh and Eastmoors Road ain’t nothing like it used to be with the ladies of the night knocking on your door every 20mins. The old bill did a purge on the area a few year ago and it’s calmed right down.
Me myself would sooner park in places like these than in truckstops.

If it was me I’d come off the m4 at j34 turn right then right after the garage and park near maxibright plant there’s a pub at the bottom of the road which you will see on the way in .

If you need"secure"parking…sarn park.new showers and a pub over the footbridge.

Ha ha! Parked there a couple of weeks ago & had four pallets nicked off the back of the wagon. Yes I am a heavy sleeper. Reported to the police & was told load theft was rife there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes,but your arse is covered.

Chippenham truckstop off the M4 is shut Sunday’s at 13.00.
Another option is Newport, one can be seen on the left , before the tunnel ,Mason transport yard, there is another truckstop in Newport, but both shut Sunday’s but if you can park in Newport , all facilities are walking distance .
Or head to Cardiff or Swansea, and find anyplace to park , as its Sunday , no parking restrictions for Lgv,s .
My choice would be Porthcawl on the seaside, fish and chip dinner and a pint in the pub .
Bath city centre coach park is ok for truck parking, free at night, but not much room, due to new shopping outlet being built by the river .

cliffpark06:
Ha ha! Parked there a couple of weeks ago & had four pallets nicked off the back of the wagon. Yes I am a heavy sleeper. Reported to the police & was told load theft was rife there!

Four pallets loaded I’m assuming nicked and you didn’t know anything about it .

bald bloke:

cliffpark06:

Why would he, i once had 900l of fuel nicked and i was sleeping in cab on top of it

mac12:

bald bloke:

cliffpark06:

Why would he, i once had 900l of fuel nicked and i was sleeping in cab on top of it

Maybe I’m a light sleeper then.

cliffpark06:

Personally, I think the whole of the M4 corridor between Newport and Swansea, and the valleys above is a bit of a lottery in terms of diesel and load theft.

Harry’s right.

I work for a firm in West Wales and rather than park anywhere along the Welsh M4 corridor or the heads of the valleys, I’m told to park in England and run from there.

That instruction only really changes the further north within Wales you go but anything below Brecon is pretty much a no.

I’ve been running south Wales for the past 4 years,and never had any problem…apart from a peep hole cut,at Swansea west.
I use the bus part now,and have had no problems since.
I use pont Abraham,outside the steelworks at trostre parc,sarn park and both newports.

Thanks everyone for your posts,
still unsure where to park… Wales sounds dangerous!!!

Sure I’ll find somewhere. (Newport if the Missus gets her way) :smiley: