New Holyhead truckstop

It opens Spring 2015. With 200 parking spaces.A five million pound investment from the boss of Betfred who owns The Hollies .
It will create 130 new jobs.
Roadking are on the look out for new sites,if you know a good place for a new truckstop,please let them know.

I remember reading about him on about opening quite a few up over the country over the next few years. Good on him, at least someone is thinking of us and wanting to improve facilities for us when we park up on a night. He deserves all our support.

Is that Dennis the Pennis chappie then ?

For a capital city that they call London, parking for transport is an utter disgrace.
You can count them on one hand,the ones around the M25 Clucket in the lane and South Pole Mimms.
Although Beaconsfield and Cobham have numerous food choices.
Madrid has several ring roads,all free truckstops.
Hotel parking allows trucks to park there.
Mr Bet Fred is on to a winner with his new project and good luck to him providing safe and secure facilities.
If they get the stripper in,the queue to get in will go as far back as Dover. :smiley:
Maybe some live music or a gym could be on the wish list.
Car or push bike rental for the weekenders.Or a shuttle bus for a pub crawl to the town and grab a granny nights.

They need to finish the hollies before opening new sites . That yard is a disgrace .

Someone will be along shortly moaning about the prices and how Truckdrivers should be paid to patronise these truckstops :smiley:

I can confirm that RoadKing on the outskirts of Holyhead is now open. I was there the other night.

It is an excellent facility however it is having a few teething problems (internet not working, can’t take chip and pin etc) but the food is good, the portions large (Mega Breakfast is exceptional value) and the facility itself is 5 star - even has a bar with reasonably priced drinks. The teething problems will sort themselves out over the next couple of weeks I’m sure.

It does however have shortcomings.

It doesn’t take euros (most of the pubs and even the kebab shops and chippies in Holyhead take euros)
You get a couple of hours free park up then you have to pay - which is fair enough but they sell the parking time in 24 hour blocks which when you consider the custom moving through there seems a bit harsh. They really need a shorter slot - maybe 6 hours or even 4.
It doesn’t have Sky Sports and BT Sports. Come on guys? This is 21st century. If the local pubs take euros and have Sky Sports and you can park up nearby free, what are you offering that’s better?

paul.fitz.589:
They need to finish the hollies before opening new sites . That yard is a disgrace .

The holes are so deep now that a few months back I ripped my bumper off going down one :open_mouth:

It does however have shortcomings.

It doesn’t take euros (most of the pubs and even the kebab shops and chippies in Holyhead take euros)
You get a couple of hours free park up then you have to pay - which is fair enough but they sell the parking time in 24 hour blocks which when you consider the custom moving through there seems a bit harsh. They really need a shorter slot - maybe 6 hours or even 4.
It doesn’t have Sky Sports and BT Sports. Come on guys? This is 21st century. If the local pubs take euros and have Sky Sports and you can park up nearby free, what are you offering that’s better?

Took a short break earlier today. Wi-Fi, cashpoints etc imminent. You can now pay euros or sterling to park and they plan to take them for meals etc as well once the phone lines/internet are sorted. They also have a ‘specials’ board that supplements the standard menu.

They are apparently having some sort of offer later this week where parking for this wednesday thursday & friday will be free to get people used to using it. Apparently also the local authorities are about to start severely clamping down on lorries parking round morrisons and argos etc and in the lay-bys.

The change in less than a week since I was last there is noticeable and it is really looking the part.