Norfolk Newbie

Hi all.

Ive only just passed my c+e, well about 2 weeks ago, just got my licenece back and my digi card.

What a nightmare looking for work! Everyone wants experence, nightmare.

Ive spoken to the local Driver Hire and put me on there books, but nothing yet. Have spoken to a local big company and ive got a driving assesment soon, so fingers crossed.

Anyone on here in or near norfolk? Any ideas on companies etc?

I have emailed all my local haulage companies

Regards

James
(tank)
may see u guys on the road, if i get a job lol

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Jamest535 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

I assume it was ARTIC and not W&D?

Jamest535:
What a nightmare looking for work! Everyone wants experence, nightmare.

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful.

First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Well Done on the Pass matey!!! :wink:

Well done on the pass, I passed mine just over a year ago. Been lucky and got work almost straight away, the agency that I did Class2 for ‘decided’ to try me out on an artic and to be honest haven’t looked back. I would try a few more agencies just to be safe. Don’t despair and you’ll get a chance somewhere and then once you’ve done one job more should follow.

Thanks everyone for there tips etc thanks

Fingers crossed for next weekend for my driving assesement for a full time job with a local big company, there are 4 posts and a massive waiting list, so EVERYTHING is crossed lol.

Will let you guys know.

james

How was your first week at work James?

BTW, you never let me know your nickname was “Tank”!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Jamest535:
…Ive only just passed my c+e, …

Hi Jamest535,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks everyone for there support.

I got the job with the local company, but to be honest, i loved it but missed seeing my little boy, as he only 8 months, and tramping aint the best, so i spoke to them and asked to stop tramping and move on days or nights, but there said the distance from my home address is too great so no.

So it left me no choice but to leave.

But atm, i am working days and nights for afew local companies, which is good.

And i am enjoying it.

Thanks again to Toni my driving instructor who is the best instructor in the UK ( ps can i have that fiver now lol)

Safe Trucking

James

See you guys all soon somewhere

Jamest535:
I got the job with the local company, but to be honest, i loved it but missed seeing my little boy, as he only 8 months, and tramping aint the best,

I know the feeling about missing the little one(s)
I was not doing nights out but my days when I started were so long that I still missed out for at least the first 5 years - nature of this type of profession