Norfolk line killingholme

hi all, im shipping norfolk line killinghole to holland monday 8pm, anybody tell me what the boats like, ( YES I KNOW ITS BIG AND METALIC AND FLOATS ) are the cabins and food ok, and how longs the crossing, cheers.

It’s been a couple a years since I was last on it…but from what I can remember it was ok, there did seem to be a few Billybullshiters on there tho!! English drivers driving Dutch Reg’d Trucks, some like too many alcopops!!! Then they thought they were Ricky Hatton… :unamused:

Its not much better than the old grey funnel line you used to use to transport your ■■■■■■■■ from one country to another.

Humber Viking
The Humber Viking is a ro-ro vessel and was built in 2009 at the Odense Yard in Denmark.

She currently sails under a UK flag and operates a dedicated route between Vlaardingen (Holland) and Killingholme (UK).
Vessel specifications

• IMO nr. 9457165
  • LOA. 193
  • Beam. 26
  • Draft. 7.40
  • GT. 29004
  • NT. 8702
  • Speed: 21 knots
  • Lane meters: 3700
  • Number of decks: 4
  • Trailer capacity: 254
  • Passengers: 12

simon on here uses it alot.

its a freight boat so only trailers and containers! i believe it has to do with needing a doctor (what ive heard) on board when you have drivers so there only allowed to have 12 drivers max! its not a bad boat but dont expect much of it. the evening meal is not bad but simple … its either a choice between 2 diffirent meals or none and just eat what you get … i try to think what it was but ive seen a few ferries now and there all different with food! if you drink a lot … bring some yourself up cos you can have a few in the fridge in the driversroom but thats it there is nobody there after the meal normaly! they dont want you inside with shoes on so bring some slippers so you dont have to walk on your socks. (some drivers dont look at it and the people on board dont always say something about it but to be polite its sign posted when you come in so…) and i dont think theres much more to know about it !!! have fun… :smiley:

and about the sailingtime… what i can remember (its a long while ago so hope i said it all right for you ) it arrives around 8.30 dutch time!

Never used it myself but have watched them loading while waiting to board the Stena boat that is ■■■■■■■ next door.

The linkspan is usually at a fairly jaunty angle, so be prepared to jack your suspension up to prevent grounding

No where near as good as stena line out of harwich :wink:

Big ■■■■:
No where near as good as stena line out of harwich :wink:

It is probably better when you are based in West Yorkshire. :wink: To be fair both sailings from Killingholme are good, either Cobelfret or Norfolk Line. Decent boats, 12 - 13 hour sailings, who cares if you have to take your work boots off to use the drivers lounge, no one wears a hi viz vest in the dining room either. Simplest way is to take a bottle of wine on board to have with your meal.

went on it in december be carefull they reversed us on in the dark

lee hawke:

Whats wrong with that ? . . unless youre scared of the dark :confused:

Suedehead:

lee hawke:

Whats wrong with that ? . . unless youre scared of the dark :confused:

its pitch black with about 8inch either side off truck very easy to clip somthing if your not carefull
thats what i meant