Killingholme- Hoek van Holland ferry

Has anyone ever used this ferry? What time is departure and what is the ship like, how long is the crossing, any tips welcome.

Harry hows the foot?

Err, what foot? Are you thinking of the other Harry?

we’re using it more since ferryways went ■■■■ up - sails at 9pm (there by 8pm latest) and the boats are okay, almost new, although one of the lads did sit on the pan during bad weather and said he watched most of the screws falling out of the cubicles - chinese workmanship :unamused:

These are new boats, they sail at 9pm you have to be there for 8pm but if you are going to be late upto 8.45 if you phone them they are very good and there is never normally a problem.
They are very comfy but the matresses are very soft and you roll a lot. The food is very good.

Cheers lads, I am expecting to be on it on wednesday, let me know if any of you are!

If you dont fancy stena try norfolk line they sail up to VLARDINGEN ,when off the boat you come right out ay the Benulux tunnell ,we use both stena and n line cant fault any of them

When did they replace the boats on this route then??

When we were using last year they were the old Stena Freight Boats they were using.

Right old tub’s, but food was pretty good, and beer was cheap.

Stena replaced one of the boats on the Killingholme crossing last year, but then used that boat on the Harwich crossing whilst they stretched those two boats.
They now have two new boats on the Killingholme run and two newly stretched boats on the Harwich run.

We’ve started using Norfolk Line from Vlaardigen to Killingholme on the Wednesday night crossing (occasionally Thursday). In fact, we’ve been using it for a couple of months now. If you’re on it on a Wed’ night, speak up, I’ll talk to anyone :open_mouth: :laughing:
Easiest and quickest way in, from the South and East is to use the A15 and Benelux Tunnel rather than go round and through Rotterdam itself. That stretch of motorway is always busy and slow.
Use the right hand pipe, just after you exit the tunnel the slip road for Vlaardigen comes up. It does a U turn to traffic lights, use both right turn lanes at the lights because its VERY tight into the two lanes you want immediately after them.
Keep straight on along that road until you drive past the rear of the big pale blue boat on your left, that’s the Killingholme boat, so if it isn’t there you’ve missed the boat :open_mouth: . Turn left at the lights and watch yourself at that roundabout. The Haven is number 621.
You need to take your passport with you when you walk into the office to book in and they work on trailer number not unit registration.
They run the Felixstow boat out of this dock too, so if you want the Killingholme boat, make sure you’re at the berth nearest the workshop sheds, which you drove around the back of, on the way into the Haven.
There are 6 double bunk cabins. If there are more than 6 wagons on you could be bunking with someone. They take a maximum of 12 drivers. Food is usually ok, nothing special and the choice is take it or leave it. They have a limited range of duty-free goods and the bar is a help yourself on an honour system (you pay your bar bill in the morning).
I might see you on there one night. I’ll be the one with the beard and a Millar t-shirt. :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for the info, but I’ll almost certainly be coming back CA-DO.

What time does the boat get in to the Hook?

Harry Monk:
What time does the boat get in to the Hook?

No idea, I’ve never gone that way round. Always been heading home.

What’s the crossing time that way round?

Ships: 2, freight only.

Frequency: 1 a day

each way.

Duration: 12hr (overnight).

Capacity: 100 units approx (1,650 lane-metres).

Facilities: Killingholme, drivers’ lounge, showers, snack bar; Hoek van Holland, drivers’ lounge, snack bar; on-board, en-suite cabins, bar, self-service restaurant, TV/video, lounge, gambling machines.

Cheers Jen!

No problem :wink:

There you go Harry

Killingholme Customs can be rather over exhuberent on return to UK. Although not used the Hoek, we use the Cobelfret service quite often. New Boats, take your shoes off to enter drivers lounge and take your own drinks onboard.

Food is not so clever unless you like raw chicken or Borsch :stuck_out_tongue:

we used to go on them regular harry , it was one crossing a day each way and it was rouhly a 12 hour crossing , they were night crossings thats with stenna , you could also buy eurotax at killingholme they were doggy old frieghters but good bunks and good food we also used to go norfolk line from felixstowe to den haag . heres a couple sites for you
http://www.norfolkline-ferries.co.uk/EN/Freight/Routes/
http://www.stenaline.com/stena_line/freight/gb/timetables.html
hope this helps mate

I found a picture of the Stena Trader on that site Si

usually ythe yasmin and the pauline are in there plus a couple of others one is a n old mearsk boat