NOISEY (zb)TISH NEIGHBOURS: Non violent advice required

Music blaring … why? (Deaf (zb))

If I can hear it… surely they can, and probably louder than me… so why not turn it down… or better still, put some head phones on and deafen themselves to their heart’s content… Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The noise is sporadic, and therefore, I can’t justify calling out the ‘noise police’… and I don’t want to take retallionary actions such as playing loud music vengefully.

I’ve asked them nicely twice.

Arrrrgggghhhhh!

All advice welcome… before I see the red mist.

edited for language :wink: mrs mix

SHOOT THEM :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah yes, neighbour problems, I’m well accustomed to these…

If they are your only adjoining neighbour (ie. you live in a semi) then taking into account what you’ve said, I would make sure I was up at 3am in the morning (Sundays and Mondays are good) and would spin up my phattest bass CD I could find and crank it up to party levels for 5 minutes at 30 minute intervals through the night.

Leave it for a while and assess the situation. If they persist then you just do it more, but louder. If they retaliate by playing theirs louder then you need to suddenly find some urgent DIY to do on the adjoining wall… with a nice fat hammer drill :smiley: .

Unfortunately, unco-operative neighbours are one of the biggest causes of conflict in most countries and there are no easy solutions.

Involving the police will really get their backs up and then it will probably turn nasty. The police don’t want to know anyway : ‘it’s a civil matter sir’. However, I think they do eventually get off their arses and send a geezer out with a noise-meter and he decides if it’s too loud or not but you need to keep detailed logs of all the noise for months on end prior to that happening, and then only if they feel like it.

As I get the impression it’s only happening through the day, then there’s [zb] all you can do between 7am-11pm (iirc). It has to exceed something ridiculous like 70dB for them to be even remotely interested.

It’s a [zb] and ruins your peace and life but this is a prime example of how this country is going. Do you live on a council estate per chance? We (Old Dear and I) were pretty much forced out of our council place of 18 years because of a new neighbour that moved in. Trust me, you’ll wasting your time bothering with the police.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers.

I don’t get this problem, … In fact sometimes I wish I did :laughing:
I have lived here nearly 5 years and the closest neighbour said “My name is Tom” 2 years ago and hasn’t spoke since :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If they have a car, stick nails under the tyres, and if no locking petrol cap, put sugar in the tank. It wont stop the noise, but you’ll feel better.

Personally though, I can respect you dont want to get into fighting them, but a good hiding is the only thing I believe would sort it for you at the end of the day, could you get somebody to do it for you?

Another thing you can do to them which is so [zb]ing annoying stick a pin through there tv/sky aerial wire total loss of picture :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: and expensive to repair when the aerial man comes to repair it

simon

I had this problem with the bloke next door (in a block of six maisonnettes). He started playing his “music” loud even though he knew I was t work at 03-00 and leaving the house at 02-40. This was up to 22-00 at night. I asked him nicely to stop, then upon checking I found the old lady below me was deaf, so it wouldn’t hurt anyone but him if I decided to do the washing/hoovering/piano practice before I went to work. Also I knocked a CD up with the Birdie song on it and left it on continuous play at enough of a volume so he could hear it but the eldery lady was ok :laughing: :sunglasses: . My landlady was also told what I was doing and approved it. It came to a head when he finally got uppity about it, I told him to eff off and he called the landlady. She called the council as he’s in a council flat and said if he’d stop the extremley loud music, then I’d behave myself. Not spoke to him since, but he sticks to Saturday AM now and that’s about it :grimacing:

There’s more than one way to skin a cat :wink: . I didn’t want to do it that way, but if your dealing with a ■■■■■ then what can you do?

Many years ago at Hogmanay our neighbours had a party and played ‘Fernando’ about 47 times in a row from about 3am onwards. My Dad was slightly upset by this :imp: :imp: so the solution was at 9:30am on New Years Day , he wired up his bass amp and speaker to the stereo and put on the 1812 Overture, wacked up the volume and pushed the speaker up against the wall, we lived in a semi at the time.

Once the canons started to go off the apology was very quick in coming. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL @ the helpful suggestions. I did, however ask, for non violent suggestions, that were also NON retallitory (spelt wrongly) by means of direct action.

I am keeping diaries already… loads of the (zb)things… so that I can smack their uggers teef out with them :smiley: (in my dreams) but thanks for replying all the same.

After contemplating, I now feel, that the best course of action is to make oneself also a bad neighbour. No fists, no fights, no rows… just a slow war of attrition (spelt badly) and I have cunning plans :wink: :smiley:

edited for language mrs mix

i used to live in a row of flats above shops (they where the days :wink: ). and new neigbhours moved in next door to me.

every friday saturday night when the clubs kicked out they where back and the stereo was cranked up,being the nice guy i am i asked them to turn it down.

but it kept happening and happening until the point where i flipped went around and banged on the door at 03.30in the morning grab the little [zb] and punched him straight in the face then threatened to throw him down the stairs.

worked for me :exclamation:

jon

i now have control of my anger :open_mouth:

I have tried two methods, the first being revenge. I played jimi hendrix, Starbangled banner on loop tape & through a massive disco amp.
The second & by far the best is get on old AM CB, feed it into a badly swr’d antenna & then ruin thier listening plesure, the best part of this method is that they can’t watch tv instead, when they get fed up. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Had this problem myself.Now my hi-fi ROCKS big time when I want it to but I have more consideration for the neighbours(unless I’m rat-arsed!)Early one morning my "considerate neighbour " started his stuff at about 3 in the morning.I was wondering what to do and as I was going to work soon anyway I stuck a cd on (Nirvana) cranked it up and sat back to enjoy.It’s fair to say I blew his stereo away.He stopped playing shortly afterwards and I never heard him again!

Hi,

We moved in may this year from our old house on the next
street up because we had noisy naiboughers. her youngest
child lost his finger by slamming the door as he seen his
2 older brothers do it from after school to late. Also she
used to come home in the early hours different fellas with
her then play loud music to mid day or sometimes levering
it on while she goes out and we get the choice to put up with
it or us move :angry: .

Ty all for taking the trouble to reply… Two wrongs never make a right, so although I want to play loud music back, I shan’t. Niether shall I get into fistycuffs… it’s rarely worth the bother. (Although the pin in the sky cable was rather satisfying in my mind’s eye) :laughing:

I called the ‘noise pollution’ people yesterday… they is on the case.