Noisy neighbours

So, moved down to Ravensthorpe near Dewsbury couple of weeks back. For those that don’t know (you probably will do Quinny), it’s predominantly an Asian community.

If I’d had more time to look for a place when I found out I needed to leave my old house sharpish then I would have definitely chosen somewhere else where, how shall I put it, I would have fitted in better. :slight_smile: As it happened, I needed to take this place as a temp measure or find myself houseless :open_mouth:

So anyways, no problems with colour/race/religion/whatever and as I expected to be away for most, if not all of the week then no probs.

Since found out that the Asian family next door have 1387 kids, 79 Nissan cars which they clog the street/my drive up with, and only have one speaking-to-each-other volume which is the 150db level one. On top of that, they seem to like their Asian music loud which can only be described as someone constantly wailing in some form of distress. You’d think there’d be enough to go on there, but no, their garden isn’t big enough (it’s like, quarter of an acre or something) for all their old tat, they’ve decided to utilise mine too, feeling that it would look more appealing with old curry-infested mattresses, trashed sofas and hoodles of bursting black bin bags. :unamused:

Now I’m very much a live n let live kinda geezer, also liking my music and quality hi-fi separates which I like to crank up to my neighbours speaking level when I fancy. The places I’ve lived in the past have had good neighbours; it’s a kinda, “you have your parties and we won’t complain when it’s still going on at 4am in the morning along as you don’t complain when we have ours” etc. It’s worked well and that’s how I feel life should be; give n take. However, this grief from next door is beginning to get on my [zb] and 30 minutes ago one of the family came round and complained that I was making too much noise. Fair do’s, I was using a hammer drill so I could put up some hefty shelves, but it is 12 noon in the middle of the day after all.

I apologised for the noise but said I’d only be another 15 mins or so. 5 minutes ago, just as I’m drilling the last two holes, she comes round again, proper blowing off about it so my calm and collectedness instantly vanished and I told her how it was addressing the items outlined above.

Needless to say, the end result was along the lines of, “I’m going to get my husband to come round and sort you out”. So I’ve got that to look forward to, and another mountain of [zb] has just appeared in my “garden”. :imp:

Oh joy.

Time to get the shotgun out.

I’m watchin this post closly…dont let it get out of hand if you know what i mean.

Bully

No I don’t know what you mean Bully, please elaborate.

Rob K:
No I don’t know what you mean Bully, please elaborate.

Rob,
There is nothing wrong with your post, (which is why it hasnt been edited :grimacing: :grimacing: )

However some folks do take any opportunity to express their own personal views on people from different ethnic backgrounds, We have had issues with this before on TruckNet UK and we dont want to have the problem again!

Hi Rob,

I take it this place is rented so complain to the landlord and look for somewhere else pdq.

Let the landlord have the problem of how to rent it out again

cheers
STEVE.

hi rob get the councial around when the noise gets to much they can then serve a noise notice on your neighbours hope this helps
benson

tip of the day… fed up of the loud music coming from the neighbours council give you the diary to log events 1 yr on still nothing done. instant cure put your speakers in the loft 5 disc cd player fill with classical music turn on go to work instant cure… well it worked for me.

Spend some money on some nice class A drugs and plant them, when this has achieved effect with the boys in blue, take it to the council, HEY PRESTO, problem solved!!

Urmm Im joking by the way, me suspects this may be deleted!!

Kev

Ask your friends at Trucknet to help get some trucks parked outside at night, making sure the drivers are using your loo.

I cant promise it will work but it sure sounds like fun to me :wink:.

Anyone got a fridge thats looking for somewhere to park it in Ravensthorpe?.:wink:

Try around 20 Jammy!!

LOL

Kev

Hi Rob, i know what your saying but you have to be carefull that it does not get out of hand, i speak from my own experiance, in the early seventys i lived in a 2up 2down in Derby and had the same probs that you are having, the family next door was bigger than the house but they all worked diff times, so there was noise at all hours, and there was no council controls, so i tried all tactics asking telling, shouting etc, in the end a lump hammer on the wall this brought the chap to the door to compain but as he was four foot and im six two he went away ha i thought that told him, but within mins he was back with an axe.

i had a machetti that was my granddads from the war so i get it and say to the wife open the door as i lifted it above my head she flung the door open he saw it and was off like a shot with me in hot pursuit he could shift, now picture the scene this chap running for all he was worth screaming somthing with his axe in hand me in hot pursuit, my house was six houses from the baseball ground the home of derby county who were at home in a cup match and our street was where the police parked and gathered so here we are him running and screaming with his axe and me after him with my machetti both running towards the bigest police presence ever cos i forgot it was sat oooooooppppppss i thought we all saw each other at the same time it was like the keystone cops we turned and ran back with the police in hot pursuit.

i ran in and shut the door just ahead of a ploice man who was a man mountain seven foot twelve and dozens more behind after a long lecture and lots of threats of what would hapen to me if anything hapend again the police left all but one who told me that i should fight fire with fire so i did i went out and got a juke box and put the same record on dozens of times and went out for the day, my tip would be move if poss, best of lick hope you find peace and quiet soon.

The reefer idea is a classic. :smiley: However, because of their 79 Nissans and also the fact that all their mates who live in the surrounding houses also have 79 Nissans per household too renders getting an artic anywhere near the area a total no-go. Like I said originally, I’m not bothered by the music (could do with upping their taste a bit me thinks :smiley:) nor them shouting, sorry, talking to each other. It’s the fact that I put up with all their racket without batting an eyelid but as soon as I make a sound they’re on the doorstep within seconds.

Fortunately, it is a rented property and I am only planning to be here short-term (well, 12 months realistically until I can get a sensible deposit together so as to get a good mortgage deal on a gaff of my own) but I’ve moved 3 times in as many months and moving house is a total pain-in-the-arse and I’ve vowed that my next move will be my last move.

The landlady is very nice, but she can’t do anything about the neighbours realistically as far as their noise is concerned. The junk they’re dumping everywhere is another matter and that’s up to her to sort out if it continues.

I shall have to see how things pan out. I really can’t be arsed with the hassle of it all, having better things to do with my time. I really don’t want to provoke them or cause a feud.

abs1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
If they is such a thing thread of the week!! :laughing:

My neighbours are due in court for similar behaviour. Except it’s the local hooligans who spend their evenings in next door’s house smoking pot who make all the noise. However they are council tenants and our council have the power to evict anti-social tenants for breach of tenancy.

Don’t think they can do that in England.

Know how you feel though!

Oh yes they can… :slight_smile:

Post Removed!

Bully

Are the cars taxed,get the zb,s towed away.