Noisy neighbours

Hope this is the right place for this.

I live in a semi detatched 2 bed house, now about a month after we moved in we got new neighbours (they rent), I have never met them, nor do I have any desire to.

They have a young kid, I’m guessing its about 2 years old.

The little snotter is almost constantly bawling its eyes out at night and its doing my head in.

It usually starts about 10:30pm and can carry on until 2am or longer before a breif pause and it resumes at about 5am.

Occaisionally if we bang the wall they get the message and go and see to the little snot, but not all the time.

I have heard the dad (i assume) shout at the kid to shut up before now, but most of the time we just hear the telly being turned up.

Can someone offer me some advice about how I go about legally getting some piece and quiet?

Surely they are breaking the noise pollution laws letting the kid cry all hours?

have you ever thought about having the bollox to go and knock on thier door and ask them to try to pacify the child?

thats what i would do, instead of sitting in my house moaning and manking about the noise. nine times out of ten it works as well, especially if you let them know you have early starts and work wierd hours. most people are ok

oh, and by the way…what difference does it make if they rent?

It is what kids do, some continue to do it in later life, they bleat about it on internet forums.

Stop banging on the walls, you might wake the kids up. or report them to social services for renting an unsuitable house

Lee G:
have you ever thought about having the bollox to go and knock on thier door and ask them to try to pacify the child?

I have Lee, but my other half won’t let me go round incase it causes “trouble”, what trouble it could cause I don’t know.

I get the impression that she thinks the “dad” is a bit of a nasty piece of work and he might start something.

Seriously joking apart she doesn’t want me to.

I mention the rent thing for info really, I wasn’t sure if renting made a difference or not if I have to make a formal complaint.

Wheel Nut:
Stop banging on the walls, you might wake the kids up.

To be honest its pretty hard to wake a kid up when they are wide awake and screaming.

I have only banged on the walls a couple of times during extreme frustration at stupid o’clock in the morning when most sensible people are asleep.

mikeyb:

Lee G:

I have Lee, but my other half won’t let me go round incase it causes “trouble”, what trouble it could cause I don’t know.

I get the impression that she thinks the “dad” is a bit of a nasty piece of work and he might start something.

Seriously joking apart she doesn’t want me to.

I mention the rent thing for info really, I wasn’t sure if renting made a difference or not if I have to make a formal complaint.

even if he is a bit tasty, im sure if you are tactful and dont go round with guns blazing he will not kick off, if he does ring the police, explain to them what has happened and im sure they’ll quick as a flash do ■■■■ all about it. at least if you do try this approach and have to complain to some form of authorities it shows that you have tried to be resonable but your hands are tied due to them being a bit angry!

if all else fails get some big lads and drag the dad out the house and beat the living ■■■■ out of him! :laughing: :laughing:

See if I can catch at least one of them over the weekend, I suppose on the reverse side we might be making noise going up and down the stairs etc :laughing: :laughing: