Can anyone help?

We live in a flat. We have lived here for 11 years, and have had many nice neighbours . Now we have the neighbours from hell. They play music loudly, but only in fits and spats, which means that when we contact the noise team, they have turned off the music within half an hour. They bang on their cieling if we have the TV on in order to intimidate us, and then we can hear them laugh at us. The impact noise that they create is subtle but well timed.
I want to smack them in the teef, but I am trying to act within the remits of the law.

Can anyone help or suggest anything?

Had this problem too
first of all keep a diary write everything down, times, dates ,type of noise ect
talk to the neighbours you get on with and see if any one else is having the same problems and get them to write it all down too
that way you have more evidence for the noise team
if you are getting disturbed at night and losing sleep go and see your g.p medical evidence helps
if you can record any noise that helps too
and keep calling the noise team

pam

Threat of violence would work better for me we had new neighbours rent the house next door to us, a loud shout of “if i lose any more sleep ill stick that stereo up your arse” ( in a glaswegiany twang form someone similar in build to a brick ■■■■ house) worked and i have heard nothing since.

I phoned the environmentel health department or whoever it was that deals with it but feel i would have been better phoning Micheal and Minnie at Disneyland for all the good they were.

TY Jammy and M Mix… Yes we have kept diaries for about 2 months. The next place will be in court as far as I am concerned. The fact that we are prepared to go to court is the only thing preventing us from putting on our own loud music or (zb) them however, in the meanwhile we endure it.

Noise pollution takes many forms, and the worst kind is where you can hear the noise, and know exactly where it is coming from, and then have to grit you teef, and wait in in a long process.

sorry that had to go :wink: :wink: mrs mix

runaroundtel wrote

I want to smack them in the teef, but I am trying to act within the remits of the law.

Can anyone help or suggest anything?

give us ya address and i can come round and do it for ya, at least then you ain’t breaking the law mate :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We had noise in a flat we lived in from dogs locked up all day. The police weren’t interested, said they could do nothing without the RSPCA.
The RSPCA weren’t interested, said they had to be abandoned for 2 continuous days for them to act and as the owners came back each night, no go.
Finally I phoned the police, told them I was about to break into the flat and murder the dogs and all hell broke loose. Police, RSPCA all arrived in vans to find me sitting demurely at home and no crime committed. They did hear the dogs though and the problem soon ceased.
Salut, David.

i had this when the house next door to mine was sold, guy came in and banging, drills etc non stop all day. Having been working on nights i didn’t stick it for long. Went round and asked the guy politely if he could curb the noise in the early mornings because i worked nights and needed my sleep. He told me to (zb) off. Having had this trouble before at my old address, i contact the police and the environmental health, they basically said they couldn’t nothing, i repeatedly called the environmental health until finally they sent someone round, to put a little pressure on the guy. It worked for a while, then he it all just started again. Again called the EH and they said that there hands were tied, the only thing that they could do is put a warning on the property and if anyone else reports it then they will take action.

In the end i asked a very nice friend of mine to pop round, he’s a bloke, for starters and he’s quite big, and it worked. The guy never made a sound before 11.30 in the morning.

sorry that had to go :wink: mrs mix

Had a bit of trouble about a year ago the trollop next door got another boyfriend/mug and they decided they would do some diy at 3am every morning for about a week, now this didnt bother me as im used to a constant whine (wife) all the time BUT it was driving the wife insane so up she got one morning at 3am pushed a note through the door then rattled the letter box and came back to bed never heard a peep again, i said to the wife a couple of days later what did you put on that note ( now bare in mind the wifes only 5’ 4" and about 7 stone) she said

Shut the [zb] up with noise or i’ll come round there and ram that [zb] drill straight you you fat [zb] [zb] [zb] :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Believe me the wife has an absolute mean streak so i just let her do all the dirty work and i just sit there laughing :sunglasses:

simon

SimonRS2K:
i said to the wife a couple of days later what did you put on that note ( now bare in mind the wifes only 5’ 4" and about 7 stone) she said

Shut the [zb] up with noise or i’ll come round there and ram that [zb] drill straight you you fat [zb] [zb] [zb] :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

She probably put your name at the bottom of the note though :wink:

Paul

She dont need to paul believe me shes nuts

when we’re out on the razz if anybody tries to start nything she goes straight for them the amount of times ive had to drag her off is frightening now dont get me wrong she is a very calm person until someone [zb]'s her off then she just goes ape

simon

Once had a neighbour similar to the one you describe. She used to leave her apartment with the radio on loudly for hours just to annoy me. Here’s how I got even:

She went out for the weekend on Friday night, as she often did, leaving her radio on full blast. I went down to the electrical box, picked the lock open, and turned her apartment off. She came back on Monday, and all her food was spoiled and her apartment stank.

She never bothered me again.

The site that Daxi forwarded was great. Oh how I can empathise with others who have had noisey neighbours. Best lesson learnt from the site that Daxi forwarded was… don’t stress about it, because then they know that they are having an affect. Carry on with your life as normally as possible. Laugh loudly at things that need laughing at, and don’t let them take hold of your life to the extent that it ruins all quality. TY Daxi for that :smiley:

They are the bane of society…and normally low lifes who have no consideration for anyone but themselves…i too suffered with a young…greasy…pony tailed…single mum…who is nocturnal…daytimes were heaven …but as soon as it became dark…she would be up…and with no carpets down…and what seemed like a pair of size 9 army boots…complete with studs would march from room to room at all hours…then put the washing machine on…then play marbles or drop heavy obstacles…now i am a very light sleeper…thats if i manage to get any…so after a few letters to the council…especially mentioning the fact that although a gallon of petrol was quite expensive…it would be worth the cost…to get no mpg…but satisfaction…and an immence cost to the council…but i would get my peace and quiet every family deserve…all went well for a couple of months…then she got us out of bed saying they had lost the key to get in(entryphone)…that caused another row…until i reminded her that claiming and earning was illegal…now all is quiet once again…but if nothing changes i would use violence…or get someone else …so thats worth a look…but good luck anyway