No seatbelts fitted

I had the spare truck today, which is a million mile T reg Iveco. I was surprised that it didn’t have any seatbelts fitted in it. I know the law is “if it’s fitted, you must wear it”, but thought a 11 year old vehicle would have them?

Surprisingly the old beast drove quite well, and went like a rocket!

I had a 58 plate Iveco today…halfway up the M1 the windscreen wiper fell off!

I drive a 9 year old ERF (we have 2), I have a belt on the drivers side and no belt for the passenger seat. The other motor has a belt fitted for the passenger but no belt for the driver !!!

I often go out in a W reg. motor with no drivers belt ,we also have an S reg. without a drivers seat belt.I find that when wearing a seat belt I have to stop and pee every half hour.

I don’t know if it still applies but i think the law used to say that if a seatbelt was fitted,it had to be used BUT it wasn’t against the law to remove the seat belt.

Maybe previous owners or drivers took the belt out of their own accord.

They didn’t become compulsory in trucks until Oct 2001.

Davnic:
I don’t know if it still applies but i think the law used to say that if a seatbelt was fitted,it had to be used BUT it wasn’t against the law to remove the seat belt.

Maybe previous owners or drivers took the belt out of their own accord.

We’ve had these motors from new, this was how we got them. Think they were made with all the bits left over from the production line to make way for the ‘new’ MAN TGA ?

mrpj:
They didn’t become compulsory in trucks until Oct 2001.

i learned that when i jumped in a merc with no seatbelts around 11 years ago