Drivers and the Law

Hi All

Can you guys please settle a discussion that’s been ongoing in our warehouse for a while.

Are the wearing of seatbelts in lorries (18t) compulsory for the driver and when did this come into effect (if, indeed it has). We are talking on normal driving, not multi-drop, manoeuvring or on private lands.

Also, if there is any legislation that backs this up, could someone point me in the direction.

Many thanks

If seatbelts are fitted to a vehicle, of any size, then you must wear them. It’s the law and has been for years.

Seatbelt must be worn in any vehicle and any seat fitted with a seatbelt.

If seatbelts are fitted then you have to wear them by law. However you don’t have to wear them if they’re not fitted.

Rob K:
If seatbelts are fitted then you have to wear them by law. However you don’t have to wear them if they’re not fitted.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Never gets old. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

You can take them off whilst manoeuvring especially on private land. I never wear them at the depot of company I am working for. As soon as a pass the gatehouse they are off.

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Never gets old. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Rob K:

What if they were fitted…But stolen by the Polish? :wink: