no pay

done my tendos in at work 2weeks to go before plaster comes off 4weeks off in total and without pay if i didnt drive a bloody lorry for a living and worked in a factory i would probibly be paid.just another moan from a trucky :angry:

:unamused: Are you self employed or something?? Surely you are entitled to ‘sick’ pay ( I think it’s called this because of it’s low value) if employed and regardless of how long you have been employed. :confused: :confused:

sixty quid a week wont go far

Whose fault was it, can you sue anybody â– â– ?

Its up to the guy in charge to decided if he wants to pay you sick pay or not NOONE is entitled to it.

If your boss thinks you are good at what you do and wants to keep you he will pay you and vice versa.

I was with the company i work for for 3 months and got full sick pay because my boss thinks i am good at what i do.

However i have never thought of myself as a good truck driver, just an average one and have NEVER been paid it when i was a trucker.

Maybe theres something in that? dont pay the f,truckers because they wont moan they will just accept it like they do everything else?.

Everyone is entitled to SSP but it is crapp at around £60 pw

However, if you did your leg in at work then talk to one of these no win no fee companies, I injured my back about 3 or 4 years ago lifting garage doors, the company refused sick pay because each door had a label advising seek assistance before lifting, customers refused to get on truck so we had to do it ourselves. Anyway the Union Solicitor saw it in a different light, if a sticker is fitted the employer is legally required to supply a second man (Assistance)

TDG did not contest the claim and in March last year they made a 3rd offer of £2000 which I accepted just to bring it to an end, now had they paid basic wages I would have been content with that, but it cost more in the long run.

SICK PAY IN TRUCKING :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

They DON`T pay us proper pay for WORKING :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

FAT CHANCE… :exclamation:

Hear hear Tony.

I gotta go look into SSP, as I’m off into hospital in 18 days… shiver
60 quid a week doesn’t go far, but it’s far better than nothing.

To think I’m currently branded as a bad employer and I pay Full pay during sick, 20 days hols + Bank Holidays and then Pension contributions after 12 months and 200 minutes free use of Mobile phone with 60 free texts per month :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Funny old world we live in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oooh…! Davey - Considered starting up a major Haulage company then mate?

You could be the next Eddie Stobart :slight_smile:

allikat:
Oooh…! Davey - Considered starting up a major Haulage company then mate?

You could be the next Eddie Stobart :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Knowing my luck the drivers would still find something to complain about despite having top motors :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ll have to move up North Allikat, there is a company up here crying out for draw bar drivers @ £7 odd per hour + £17 or £18 per night + £ 3 per day meal allowance + 50p per drop bonus and their drivers are leaving in droves to go to the Co-op

I know £7 aint much, but considering I was doing drawbar for £4-55ph 2 year back and that company is still only paying £5.35ph now it’s a big difference, they are even putting rigid drivers through their test to get class 1 entitlement :open_mouth: :open_mouth: My son started there as a second man last Sept through the agency, he started full time last month for the company put straight through his rigid and in for artic beginning of next month, now thats desperation for you :wink: :wink:

I’m only a poor class 2 mate, no drawbar, no trailers no nothing. :frowning: :cry:

What’s this company putting people through Class 1 then? And still paying 5.35? Daft move if you ask me. Would cost them less to raise their pay a bit and keep the drivers they do have. Does get new drivers into the industry tho… and you can bet they’ll move on after :wink:

I do know that if you are in receipt of wftc you can get income support to make up your wages but i only found out after i had the illness.

you need to claim it from day one, its always worth a go even if you dont get wftc you could still try it.

allikat:
I’m only a poor class 2 mate, no drawbar, no trailers no nothing. :frowning: :cry:

Time to Upgrade Alli :laughing: :laughing:

allikat:
What’s this company putting people through Class 1 then? And still paying 5.35? Daft move if you ask me. Would cost them less to raise their pay a bit and keep the drivers they do have.

The Company i worked for was TDG, but Stillers took over the contract and upped the wage to £5.35 before the rigid and drawbar drivers left, as far as I can gather even their artic drivers dont get that much :blush: :blush: ,

The company that is putting drivers through their tests is a big furniture company, nothing to do with stillers or TDG, their drivers are leaving to work at the Co-op and Morris Furniture so their wages must be better.

allikat:
Does get new drivers into the industry tho… and you can bet they’ll move on after :wink:

My lad started on £5-00 ph as a second man, for this furniture Company, he’s never brought home less than £275 pw, although they still pay him that rate till he gets his class 1, but he’s happy as it saved him raking £700 together for his rigid and a further £800 for his class 1, and they gave him his own motor after 2 weeks.

A mate running his own agency phoned Friday asked me to help him out next week, as 1 of his drivers is on holiday and he needed to put a class 1 driver in just to trunk an artic down to Bedford Mon - Wed

Since the drawbar fell under class 1 it’s created a shortage for the likes of this company because drivers passing after 1997 have to hold their class 1 to drive the draw bars.

As far as I’m aware they are about 7 drivers down up to now with another 4 talking about leaving.

that wouldnt be them just next to fergusons old yard in s/land davey would it? :laughing:

Thats the ones Terry :wink: :wink:

in progress of trying to get a claim,my firm pays nobody when they are off sick here in scotland and our bases down the road.apart from not being paid when off sick the firm isnt bad ,like everyone else ,ive worked for far worse muppets ,but it could be better if i was on the co-ops salery :unamused: :unamused: