work

Just done some work for a small family company out of Basingstoke. Only done three weeks as the truck went pop last week. First week wages were cash in hand and I was told to bill them. I am not self employed so took some money out for the tax man leaving me 380 quid. I done 60 hours and had two nights out for that money.Boss said he would pay nights out.
Last week the truck died and I only done four days and three nights out plus was owed two nights out from the week previous.My wages 300 quid.
Do I have to just say I have been ripped off or is there something I can do about this?

did you agree a pay rate BEFORE you started doing any work for them??

I went for the job on the understanding it was going to be 600 a week including nights out. It turned out to be 500 a week plus nights out. I also thought i was going to be an employee of said firm so when given wages and told to invoice them was a bit of a shock.I got my 500 hundred for two weeks but thought it best to keep 20% by for the tax man.Over the three weeks i done 7 nights out unpaid plus short one day from my last week.Last week consisted of 3 nights out and four days work for 300. I still have to put 20% aside out of that.

1st thing I’d be doing is writing down exactly what was agreed at the beginning, also what work you’ve done for them so far and what money you should have been paid for the work and then go and see them and see what they say, hopefully they will be decent about it and pay you any money you are owed…at the end of the day you’ve done the work so aren’t expecting too much in wanting to be paid for it.

I’m unsure what can be done if they refuse to pay up, goodluck with it mate