No air con

Is there such a thing as a portable Air Con unit to put in a truck, i’m talking 12/24volt and not the thing that sits on the roof.

Or is there such a thing as a very big and very good oscilating fan not the usual little ones you get.

jammymutt:
Is there such a thing as a portable Air Con unit to put in a truck, i’m talking 12/24volt and not the thing that sits on the roof.

Or is there such a thing as a very big and very good oscilating fan not the usual little ones you get.

Hire one, it’ll be cold again in about 6 weeks!!

Ive been using a 55 plate Scania all this week thats got A/C and tbh Id rather not use A/C Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What…those flashy euro trucks don’t come with a/c as standard,it being the 21st century 'n all. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

soft git !
In my day we had to etc,etc…

Tell the young people of today that,they’ll not believe you.

G ive over jammy it’s nighttime :laughing: Mind saying that i have mine on over night.
I,m just counting my blessings i,m not in my old job ,night driving and then daytime sleeping in the greenhouse cab … :open_mouth:

I was thinking about the other job ive been offered ive been driving a luxury truck (Volvo) for so long and ive been thinking of going back to a poor mans truck (Scarnia). :laughing: :laughing:

talking of aircon.well i have been doing nights now for a company in hull .
i have been driving a merc actross ok to drive got lazy though with it been automatic .aircon is brilliant .now due to me taking a headlight out merc had top go and get fixed ,turned up last night .had a erf v reg with a eaton splitter never ever driven one in my life hell of and experience but i got back with truck intact now the only air con i had was when i wound the window down .at least the merc will be fixed now :smiley: how they used to drive european in the old trucks must have been a nightmare on a summers night

MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING IN HALFORDS OR SHOPS ALONG THE SAME LINE. I AM SURE YOU CAN GET PLUG IN THE LIGHTER UNITS THAT HEAT AND COOL.
I WAS IN A TRUCK FUEL STOP IN RUGBY WHERE IT HAD CAFE, PUB AS WELL AS A SHOP WHICH HAD ALL SORTS OF STUFF FOR TRUCKS. I WILL BE GOING THERE TUESDAY. IF I SEE ONE I WILL LET YOU KNOW :slight_smile:

Couple years ago I asked the engineer/fitter for aircon in the trucks. He offered to take the windscreens out but wouldn’t put them back in winter… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Saratoga:
Couple years ago I asked the engineer/fitter for aircon in the trucks. He offered to take the windscreens out but wouldn’t put them back in winter… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All joking aside, take a look at some old photo’s of the old half cabbed busses like the routemaster or the LT (no not ladytrucker) they had windscreens that opened on a hinge to let cool air into the cab whilst on the move

my firm runs dafs and air con comes as standard…and its wonderful in this heat …to drive along with all the windows wound up…problem is when you get out of an air con vehicle…you certainly feel the heat then…
i`ve just bought another car…a mercedes…and that has aircon as well…now i dont think i could live without it…bit like the night heater too…couldnt live without that either …but i do feel sorry for drivers who dont have either…

I have had the next best thing.

For those on the M6 between J3 and J40 on Friday/Sunday I travelled up in an open-top Suzuki SJ for a party and then back, after seeing parts of ■■■■■■■■ It was lovely and cool - even while I was wearing a fleece.

Stop calling me a mad [zb]. It wasn’t my car. I think I got a bit of sun though :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :blush:

I found a site for portable Air Con. Dc Aircon 4400rm 12/24v Air Conditioner but they are not cheap £1,759 0r the 9000rm 12v £2,225
www.roadpro.co.uk
Roadpro ltd
Stephenson close,
Drayton fields Ind Est,
Daventry,
Northampton
NN11 8RF
Tel. 01327 312233
Worth a look even if you do not choose to buy the exspensive Air Con as they have lots of other interesting items for lorrys, cars and camping.
You could also look on ebay, who knows what you might find.
:slight_smile:

Trouble with aC is that like when you have the heater on hot during the winter when you get out you ‘really’ feel the temperature difference.

On a side note. I was waiting at the Wye Level crossing today (still manual gates) Guy comes out to open them wearing, a shirt and tie, wollen flat cap and a Navy blue wooly jumper. :open_mouth: Makes you wonder what he dresses like when it’s snowing!

dennisw1:
On a side note. I was waiting at the Wye Level crossing today (still manual gates) Guy comes out to open them wearing, a shirt and tie, wollen flat cap and a Navy blue wooly jumper. :open_mouth:

What, no Hi Viz? it’s a wonder a train didn’t hit him. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: