No Airconditioning

So, whos’ lorry has no aircon? Do you pull the windows up and put up with warm recycled air through the blowers, or like me, open the windows and sunroof and say ■■■■■■■■ to a dusty dashboard?

Got aircon but only generally bother with it when travelling at speed. Round the town I’ll have the window down unless it’s stifling. Handy to have for when unloading as with either PTO driven ramps or Hiab the engine is running anyway. Saves the cab getting like an oven.

My truck has aircon fitted but it dosnt work so sun roof open and windows its a good way to loose weight.

I have to be careful with windows open; Is it me or do CF cabs seem inviting for wasps to come in?

NathanB:
I have to be careful with windows open; Is it me or do CF cabs seem inviting for wasps to come in?

same here nathan no air con so half dead doppy wasps on me lap giving me agro !!

No aircon…thats a GV9 :smiley:if its fitted it needs 2 work

elcamino:
No aircon…thats a GV9 :smiley:if its fitted it needs 2 work

Another driver myth?

No aircon here :blush:

I got electric windows though :sunglasses:

I got aircon but don’t like the dryness of the air it gives out so it’s both windows and the sunny open for me, I can even ■■■■ in the knowledge I won’t pass out at the wheel…

I can’t live without it, windows shut, a/c on full whack no 2 ways about it. Even in winter I keep it on in every motor I drive to keep it working & keep the air dry. How do trampers sleep in this heat? Seems very silly to me having a night heater but not the opposite built into the same unit or something for times like these. Maybe they exist but employers are too tight to pay for them…!?

Pimpdaddy:
I can’t live without it, windows shut, a/c on full whack no 2 ways about it. Even in winter I keep it on in every motor I drive to keep it working & keep the air dry. How do trampers sleep in this heat? Seems very silly to me having a night heater but not the opposite built into the same unit or something for times like these. Maybe they exist but employers are too tight to pay for them…!?

They do. There are those roof mounted air con things that work with the engine off. If you can find a pic of Switchlogics truck on here, you will see what I mean.

No aircon both windows. Have been disconnected from the electrics aswell :frowning: but the fitters have been kind and left the driver door panel off so I can chock window up in cold and pull it down in the sun :slight_smile:

damoq:

Pimpdaddy:

They do. There are those roof mounted air con things that work with the engine off. If you can find a pic of Switchlogics truck on here, you will see what I mean.

I know what you mean, a lot of Irish motors seem to have them but to me they look ugly. I’m thinkIng maybe they could make it such that cold air would come out if the same vents as the heating or the ones on the dash (engine off)…!?

Angus25:
My truck has aircon fitted but it dosnt work so sun roof open and windows its a good way to loose weight.

Same here.

windows tightly shut & air con on full for me & I dont turn the engine off when tipping

Use air con in heavy traffic and when at the tip or getting loaded but on the move I prefer window open and feel the breeze.

Always amused watching drivers melt after thru have had air com on full blast and then have to get out and work in the heat. Usually same ones that have heater up full them shiver when they get out on a cold day. 5 mins before I get to load/collection I knock air con off and sissy gradually to temp. also when tipping is just running shorts under the boiler suit.

have air con and love to use it to keep cool whilst but the stupid daf has a 2 miniut shut down wen stationary

I don’t have air con
:frowning:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

A senior manager had a go at me when my lorry was new for having the windows down in the quarry. He basically said “Why should the company spend good money on a nice (fake) wooden dash and cd player when you neglect it by letting the dust in?”
I pointed out if the firm had paid for aircon then the windows wouldn’t be wound down. I’dve rather had aircon than fake wooden trim anyway. As for the cd player, it’s probably full of dust now after 7 years.