Air Conditioning

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you could all help to settle a dispute I have with a friend.

To set the scene my friend has recently started driving for a well liked and well run local company who treat their staff very well. I have heard rumours of certain firms ( cough DHL cough) not offering their staff air conditioning in their vehicles and I’ve even heard that certain firms charge their employees for extras such as air conditioning in their lorries.

I’m trying to prove to him that he’s got it sorted with this local firm!!

I’d welcome your comments to confirm if this is true or not.

Cheers

ask him how his throat feels after a week of blasting the AC :laughing:

No firm “offers” air con to its drivers. Vehicles either have it or they don’t. Rumours of companies docking wages to pay for air con are just that, rumours.

Hope that’s cleared things up for you?

The DHL rumour you mention is load of bo-lox.

(We even have electric windows as well!)

ye rumours no company can stop monies from your pay except tax/ins/ unless you sign agreement prior to starting :smiley:

There was a rumour Chris Hayters’ used to remove the air con units from vehicles they bought to save fuel. One place I where I used to work wouldn’t repair my air con so I left the windows open; I hated that MAN anyway, but it was rough inside when I left.

If it’s broken our outfit won’t fix, no we don’t get charged for it.

Cotswoldcrunch:
There was a rumour Chris Hayters’ used to remove the air con units from vehicles they bought to save fuel. One place I where I used to work wouldn’t repair my air con so I left the windows open; I hated that MAN anyway, but it was rough inside when I left.

I think these companies who have don’t have air con or remove them or don’t repair them because of the costs, should do an experiment of running air con compared with driving with the windows open.

There is a rumour that a large, well No**n Irish haulier is now charging their drivers accommodation fees for nights out in their trucks!

plates123:
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you could all help to settle a dispute I have with a friend.

To set the scene my friend has recently started driving for a well liked and well run local company who treat their staff very well. I have heard rumours of certain firms ( cough DHL cough) not offering their staff air conditioning in their vehicles and I’ve even heard that certain firms charge their employees for extras such as air conditioning in their lorries.

I’m trying to prove to him that he’s got it sorted with this local firm!!

I’d welcome your comments to confirm if this is true or not.

Cheers

Im going into dhl tmrw ,i will ask if this rumour is true, :unamused:

I read a report from the USA which studied the cost saving switching off air con and having windows open.
It was cheaper to use the air con!

FFS, for how often we need aircon, is it asking to much for it to be working?

Some DHL units even have the little white pimp box on the roof.

I heard a good tip once. When its really hot and you dont have air con in the lorry (or car), you can fool people into thinking that you do by keeping all the windows up and wearing a hat and coat. :smiley:

viking7000:
There is a rumour that a large, well No**n Irish haulier is now charging their drivers accommodation fees for nights out in their trucks!

And no doubt some gullible types believe it

Well this is true, the company i work for have installed a pre payment meter into the aircon system, so drivers have to pay to use it, it takes 50p coins, no change given, and lasts for 1 hour.

truckyboy:
Well this is true, the company i work for have installed a pre payment meter into the aircon system, so drivers have to pay to use it, it takes 50p coins, no change given, and lasts for 1 hour.

That’s nothing mate; I’ve worked somewhere where the bog paper sheets are numbered.

truckyboy:

FFS Don’t give some of them tightass old hauliers ideas :laughing: :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
Some DHL units even have the little white pimp box on the roof.

pimp daddy:lol:

cheekymonkey:
I heard a good tip once. When its really hot and you dont have air con in the lorry (or car), you can fool people into thinking that you do by keeping all the windows up and wearing a hat and coat. :smiley:

Have you been reading Viz!?!! :smiley:

kindle530:

cheekymonkey:

Have you been reading Viz!?!! :smiley:

Superglue rice crispies to your car tyres so your nieghbours think you have a posh gravel drive :grimacing: