air con rules

30 degree heat,40degrees on farms but all our drivers have been told that we’re not allowed air con on as wasting fuel when idling,pity transport clerks are not told about wasting fuel when they criss cross us on pick ups. CRAZY or wot■■?

so why did they spec a truck with aircon ■■? Or was it standard fit ■■ And surely nowdays when health and safety is everywhere ,why should you have to work in uncomfortable conditions ■■?

You’re in the seat… if you want to use it then use it can’t see that they can stop you. Advise you yes but that’s about all.

How would they know you used it?

I use it when on a night out to get the cab cool but within 5 minutes it’s back to hot

How they going to know any different?

See my compnay is all modern thinking fairness and equality ■■■■■■■■. No managers get dedicated car spaces, its all open door and what not. Women get paid the same all that palava, so as long as they have air con in the offices we can fill our boots and there is hee haw they can say or boom grievance in :smiling_imp:

In fact that is why all our fleet since 2009 got spec air con, before it you where lucky if you got a radio the fleet manager was that tight :laughing:

Oh im sorry I thought you bbc1.

Now there is a few firms still in the dark ages but for the rest of us there is telematics. the firm I work for can tell times the engine ideling sharp breaking ect .but yes I do sit with the engine running and air con on but the firm I work for aint daft enough to bring the subject up in hot weather although they have been known to at other times

So myself and Chester1 post on two separate topics within minutes on a Saturday night.

Trucknet CSI

We need you now!!!
All previous leave requests are now cancelled!!!

Personally if I couldn’t use the air con in the truck I would sabotage theirs :grimacing:

Air con? What’s that? We’ve got old ‘skool’ air con, windows down… Request to wear shorts at work was denied, against company policy… So instead we have to slowly roast.

Just do what I do put the heater on blowers on full pelt when
I’m a mile away from the yard. If my boss decides to get in my cab for whatever reason it’s nice and hot :slight_smile:.

Im really thankful that our trucks have a seperate aircon system for when the engine is not running - its bliss when its 30 degrees outside and youre trying to sleep :smiley:

russjp:
Im really thankful that our trucks have a seperate aircon system for when the engine is not running - its bliss when its 30 degrees outside and youre trying to sleep :smiley:

Unless I pull up next to you with my 15ltr CAT roaring away all night through a set of straight pipes :laughing:

Even though it ain’t been that hot the last couple of weeks, my idle time so far this month, according to the trip computer is 33.9%. That’s taken me 84.1hrs and I’ve used 54.5gals of diesel in the process :open_mouth:

My boss won’t even bring it up and if I can get that down under 30% I’ll get a penny per mile bonus :laughing: I’ll have 12,000miles this month, so that’ll be a nice $120 in the sky rocket :sunglasses:

newmercman:

russjp:

Unless I pull up next to you with my 15ltr CAT roaring away all night through a set of straight pipes :laughing:

Even though it ain’t been that hot the last couple of weeks, my idle time so far this month, according to the trip computer is 33.9%. That’s taken me 84.1hrs and I’ve used 54.5gals of diesel in the process :open_mouth:

My boss won’t even bring it up and if I can get that down under 30% I’ll get a penny per mile bonus :laughing: I’ll have 12,000miles this month, so that’ll be a nice $120 in the sky rocket :sunglasses:

Lol NMM, thats why im very careful where i park up for a kip, thankfully as i work nights theres not too many of you chaps around with your engines growling while i`m resting :laughing:

Go in the office with the memo and ask the following question.
What’s red and bad for your teeth?
A brick, now [zb] off.

I wonder if these are any good?

Probably not up to the job of cooling a high roofed cab as most are now a days.

• you need access to ice or cold water. (so on board water is out)

ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Compact- … 4d0ec45c00