nip fines

i was told by a lad at work that fines are sent to our transport dept then given straight to us as work cant give any info out without our authorisation first for data protection this lad recently recived 3 points for speeding in 4 days from the incident too so must be right has anyone elses work do this

If I have understood your post correctly, it works like this.
A Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) will be sent to the owners of a vehicle which has been involved in an alleged offence.

This is not a fine, but is exactly what it says on the tin, a notice that there will be one.
It is accompanied by a written requirement for the owner to name the driver at the time of the alleged offence.

Most companies will then require the driver in question to fill this form out and it will then be sent back.
They can, if they wish, fill the form out themselves, the data protection act does not apply in this case and the company commits an offence if they do not supply the details required.
Failure to name the driver often results in as big a penalty as the original offence would attract.

Once the driver has been named, it is for him to accept any fine and points, unless he wishes to argue the case in court.

Regards,
Nick

Exactly as he saud it however he said they have to tell you hence why van hire companies make you sign a declaration on hiring. Maun point is I will receive it at my work in 14 days and have to give my details is that not right, cheers

Wow, they let you drive a big lorry with lots of wheels?

Try Pepipoo, pepipoo.com. Try to be coherant & sober when you ask though, it’s a big help sometimes.

bigcheese:
Exactly as he saud it however he said they have to tell you hence why van hire companies make you sign a declaration on hiring. Maun point is I will receive it at my work in 14 days and have to give my details is that not right, cheers

It might be after 14 days that you hear about it. It’s the registered keeper who has to receive it in 14 days, you don’t have to be told about it within 14 days of the offence.

Chas:
Wow, they let you drive a big lorry with lots of wheels?

Try Pepipoo, pepipoo.com. Try to be coherant & sober when you ask though, it’s a big help sometimes.

Wow one of lifes many[zb]s

Im confused now another lad said he got a ticket 4 days after running a red light same camera as me but that was first thing he knew about it work never mentioned it. Anyway been threw camera recently notuced it had a 4 sec amber on it and on top of what rog said that gives me 5 seconds to clear the junction and as I only just passed as it hit amber I should be ok, also been told the flash on them is pretty extreme and I would know if it’d flashed me