Speeding fine - intention to prosecute

My company has received a NIP from police.
57 in a 50mph zone.

They have replied giving my details.

I will be away out of country for next 28 days. What happens if I receive the NIP in my name at my UK
address and can’t respond within the 28 time period normally given.

I want to accept responsibility and hopefully be offered a speed awareness course.

I worried if I don’t respond in time I will be summonsed to court

Ask the company for a copy of the NIP and their reply. Then write to or if possible email the Police at the address given quoting whatever references are relevant. Explain the situation and your wish to be offered a speed awareness course. Ask for acknowledgement of receipt and keep a copy of your letter.

The company are pretty useless if they haven’t kept a copy since the TC won’t be impressed.

have a look on forums.pepipoo.com/ they usually have good advice

cav551:
Ask the company for a copy of the NIP and their reply. Then write to or if possible email the Police at the address given quoting whatever references are relevant. Explain the situation and your wish to be offered a speed awareness course. Ask for acknowledgement of receipt and keep a copy of your letter.

The company are pretty useless if they haven’t kept a copy since the TC won’t be impressed.

Don’t think you can volunteer for a speed course, you either get offered one or not.

id have someone checking the mail and from what i remember theres a number to call if you plead guilty in the notice

And an email address but if he is abroad how can he sign the driver declaration form?
Unless someone in the UK can sign it, my Mrs signs my stuff and I sign for hers too as long as the signature is slightly similar.

Any correspondence posted back to the authorities I recommend paying a bit more to get someone to sign for it on the other end, on the Post Office receipt there’s a code to enter on the the Post Office app to track the progress of the sent letter and they provide proof of the signature and regular updates in the delivery process.

steve_watt:
My company has received a NIP from police.
57 in a 50mph zone.

They have replied giving my details.

I will be away out of country for next 28 days. What happens if I receive the NIP in my name at my UK
address and can’t respond within the 28 time period normally given.

I want to accept responsibility and hopefully be offered a speed awareness course.

I worried if I don’t respond in time I will be summonsed to court

If you’re only away 28 days? Very unlikely it will arrive the day after you leave.
Nothing to worry about!

If there’s no evidence of it being on a down gradient ? maybe question the stated speed.
57 seems a bit too convenient bearing in mind that the 90 kmh limiter setting is less than the 10% + 2 threshold.Also if it’s on the flat has the law requested a speed limiter calibration certificate ?.

cav551:

Operator only has to notify TC of a conviction, not an NIp. Driver usually contractually required to notify employer of the outcome - prosecuted or NFA. Then the operator would need to investigate and notify the TC.

Carryfast:
If there’s no evidence of it being on a down gradient ? maybe question the stated speed.
57 seems a bit too convenient bearing in mind that the 90 kmh limiter setting is less than the 10% + 2 threshold.Also if it’s on the flat has the law requested a speed limiter calibration certificate ?.

He doesn’t say he was in a hgv

shullbit:

Carryfast:

He doesn’t say he was in a hgv

In which case obviously no need for the TC to be involved.OP doesn’t say it’s a car or under speed limiter threshold.

Is there a legal obligation for companies to pass on the driver details like this?
Can’t a company just “pay a fine” and keep it all in-house, in order to preserve the licence and livlihood of a now-valued driver asset?

No. ^^^ there is no company driving licence to put the points on.

I’d pay the fine & take the points personally , have to listen to some condescending idiot for half a day / travel there is just a waste of time , may as well work the shift which easily pay the fine + , assuming your not on 9 pets etc
I do remember my mrs having to go on some course at Kyme after running into the back of a car ( only accident in 30+ years ) & refusing to drive the blokes car who was jointly running the course as it was unsafe , I did see the car as it was a ratty old Honda jazz to be fair , he said if she didn’t drive it she’d fail the course , she still refused , passed her in end ha ha
good girl .

dozy:
I’d pay the fine & take the points personally , have to listen to some condescending idiot for half a day / travel there is just a waste of time , may as well work the shift which easily pay the fine + , assuming your not on 9 pets etc
I do remember my mrs having to go on some course at Kyme after running into the back of a car ( only accident in 30+ years ) & refusing to drive the blokes car who was jointly running the course as it was unsafe , I did see the car as it was a ratty old Honda jazz to be fair , he said if she didn’t drive it she’d fail the course , she still refused , passed her in end ha ha
good girl .

Photos or it didn’t happen.

(photos right way up please)

the maoster:
No. ^^^ there is no company driving licence to put the points on.

There was me thinking that a speed camera was about “revenue raising” rather than sticking points on people’s licences… Assuming the PCN is paid within the 7 days, of course… :unamused:

dozy:
good girl .

And declare 3-4 points for 5 years, pay increased premiums, 3-4 closer to unemployable or spend half a day on a simple course. Hmmm I know where the smart money is. My last half day was done online, piece of pish.

1 time i did the course i realized the fellah doing it id had a run in with a few yrs before.He had tried to didle me and id pushed a bamboo sliver into his door locks at his house.Bit childish really,he didnt recognize me at the course.
Second course i did on the way in id picked up a dropped empty camera case and as i sat there a humongous spider crawld out of the case in my pocket! well i flicked it offa me and watched it crawl over to a ladys bag who was running the course and up an into it