nightout money

Went for a interview today for a class 2 driver.
They said they did’nt pay nightout money ,instead they were paying £8.00 ph,They would pay for all my meals and parking on production of a reciept.
Just wondered what others thought about not paying nightout money.
Mark

Time to go for a different interview IMO.

Ken.

Time to print up some blank reciepts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tell them £8 an hour is about right…and no money equals no nights out…enough said really

just had a sort of interview this afternoon. uk/continent work. (i say sort of interview cos he said when can you start).so i interviewed him.
the wage was £7.50 pr hour for 1st 60 hrs. then £8.50 after 60. £17.50 night out money.motors to be fair were decent…ish. something that did concern me was he said your paid on the tacho… hehehehehe… needless to say i,m still on the lookout for uk/euro…i told him i would ring him if i wanted the job.he seemed surprised i didnt say yes there n then… that surprised me

night out money is self explanatory ,so if the company doesnt pay nights out and expects you do nights away for free, I know what i would do,look for a professional company. (if there is such a thing ?)

brit_mark:
Went for a interview today for a class 2 driver.
They said they did’nt pay nightout money ,instead they were paying £8.00 ph,They would pay for all my meals and parking on production of a reciept.
Just wondered what others thought about not paying nightout money.
Mark

Just remember to take decent clothes on your nights out otherwise you won’t be able to get into all those posh restaurants :wink: :wink:

Go elsewhere for a job or go back to the yard every night (job done or not :wink: )

Night-out money is there to replace the need claim meals etc, it’s shouldn’t be part of the wages, but to make up for the extra expense of being away overnight.
It really depends on how the wages compare with other companies in the area. if they only pay 6ph plus nights out then it might be a better bet provided night out expenses are met, without question. However as night-out money is tax free and save loads of paperwork in claiming expenses. I can’t understand why a company won’t pay it.

brit_mark:

Tis a shame they were not up in Newcastle, I’d jump at the chance to take on that job :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Set off every day to a delivery point, make sure I stop for dinner get receipt then arrive back in yard for end of a 15 hr shift every mon tues & wed and a 13 hr shift thurs & Fri if I was not sacked by then :smiling_imp:

Companies like that make you want to laugh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

muckles:
Night-out money is there to replace the need claim meals etc, it’s shouldn’t be part of the wages, but to make up for the extra expense of being away overnight.
It really depends on how the wages compare with other companies in the area. if they only pay 6ph plus nights out then it might be a better bet provided night out expenses are met, without question. However as night-out money is tax free and save loads of paperwork in claiming expenses. I can’t understand why a company won’t pay it.

What you’ve said may well be the case, but a father or mother who’s taxable income or who’s households taxable income is less than 25k per anum can claim working families child tax credits. There for tax free night out money does’nt enter into the equation when the tax man calculates your tax credits for the year. Also with regard to the employer paying overnight parking, well all the companies i’ve worked for have paid some or all of any overnight parking charges on production of a VAT reciept, and paid night out money aswell.
This employer wants to get in the real world, drivers want night out money period, and its the gaffers job to pay to park his truck.

ohterry:
just had a sort of interview this afternoon. uk/continent work. (i say sort of interview cos he said when can you start).so i interviewed him.
the wage was £7.50 pr hour for 1st 60 hrs. then £8.50 after 60. £17.50 night out money.motors to be fair were decent…ish. something that did concern me was he said your paid on the tacho… hehehehehe… needless to say i,m still on the lookout for uk/euro…i told him i would ring him if i wanted the job.he seemed surprised i didnt say yes there n then… that surprised me

What the hell has happened back there :question: Overtime after 60 hours :exclamation:

I would never worke for anyone who didn’t pay it after 40 hours, it’s even the law over here. When I worked for Fed Ex in the early 90’s we got 20 quid night out pay, the job I had before leaving there we got 25, plus meals and expences including meals and hotels if needed.

It seems that the pay and conditions back there have gone to pot and you all seem to be accepting it :exclamation: There is suposed to be a driver shortage there, so stand up for yourselves and don’t work for tight fisted companies :exclamation:

That is one company who are going to be hit hard by the WTD

60 hours on basic money :open_mouth: which means 48 hours on basic money.

I know I have said before the transport directive wont affect our wages :open_mouth: but it will working for companies who pay like that.

Does he still want drivers? I should leave him wanting :arrow_right: move on

he wage was £7.50 pr hour for 1st 60 hrs. then £8.50 after 60. £17.50 night out money

agree with other posters, should be 1.5 x after 40 hrs.

The co. i’ve recently been working for pay £22.00 n/o & (i’m 99% sure) £30 if in Europe. + uk or Europe: parking, washing, oil, tolls, & any other ancillary expenses genuinely associated with the job without question.

Well i have decided to take the job as i have been looking all week and they ain’t anything else going.

He reckons i will be only out Thursday and Friday night.Which is’nt to bad.

Also if i run back in on Saturday morning i don’t start till Tuesday.I only have to do 44 hours a week so once i have got me hours in the rest of the week is mine.

Although i will still be looking for another job.

Thanks for the replies.
Mark

Well if you are going to take the job, good luck BUT. make sure you get receipts, even if you stop for a coffee and a sandwich on the services, it will cost you nearly a fiver

350 per week doesnt go far after you have paid some of it to Gordon

Many people suggest you shouldnt count night out money in wages :exclamation: so where should you count it?

to me 5 nights out is another 100 in my bin and 125 in france

I would’nt normally have took it and feel a sucker for doing so but i was made redundant a week before christmas,and times are getting hard now.

Hopefully it won’t be to long before i get something else.

The guy did say he had,had 3 drivers in the last six months,i wonder why!!
mark

dont apologise mark, its better than doing nothing. remember-theres more than one way to skin a cat :wink:. have an extra hour at your drops after tipping, run at the speed limits, youll soon boost your money up a bit :laughing: :laughing:

The guy did say he had,had 3 drivers in the last six months,i wonder why!!

no doubt you (and “we” hopefully) will be finding out within the next month or so!

Night out money should certainly not be calculated as part of earnings. It is compensatory money to recompense you for incidental expenses, such as food, whilst staying away from home overnight.

ohterry:
wage was £7.50 pr hour for 1st 60 hrs. then £8.50 after 60.

I take it those terms will be revised on 23rd March? Otherwise it is exactly as Wheel nut said - the company (and you) will be hit hard by the WTD.

Now that you’ve taken the job make the best of it and don’t ‘sell yourself short’. There are plenty of ligit ways of ‘balancing the books’ though! :wink: