night out money

just wondered how many of you would do a night out if you didnt get night out money

minstral:
just wondered how many of you would do a night out if you didnt get night out money

THEY’LL BE A FEW ON HERE! :laughing: :sunglasses: :smiley: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Pmsl … in saying that I work nights so I’m out all the time …

But no way

minstral:

No

Night out money or a hotel. But not for nothing.

anyone fancy explaining that to are tm as he seems to think that he can find loads of drivers willing to night out for sweet fa

Well unless they where paying the same amount in the rate of pay (after deductions for tax & nic) no n/o no night outs, I remember when a company that i worked for tried to get out of paying waiting time,(waiting for return load to uk from europe) ect,
So as we where paid by the KM no one waited we returned empty , they soon got the message and paid us,as it cost them more if they didn’t

NO MONEY then no night out simples :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

minstral:
anyone fancy explaining that to are tm as he seems to think that he can find loads of half wits willing to night out for sweet fa

fixed that for ya.

Sounds like he’s hoping to win the race to the bottom, some quality staff down there.

If they give me a Topline Scanny with chrome stacks I’ll pay them to let me night out in it. :laughing:

Er, no. No money, no night out.

No night out money means me turning back with enough time to get back to the yard!!

Why on earth would people do it for free? If this happens willingly they get what they deserve (nothing!) for allowing it.

minstral:
anyone fancy explaining that to are tm as he seems to think that he can find loads of drivers willing to night out for sweet fa

Maybe but they will be either a) unemployable for one or numerous reasons by others or b) inexperienced and either leave ASAP or cause havoc.

Same answer as most of you NO.

Once one company gets away with it and allowed to sadly will become the slippery slope with many trying to jump on the bandwagon.

That would be interesting to ask would MPs who are on 60000+ a year be prepared to sacrifice their night out money ie expenses for staying in London three or four nights a week. Answer would be a unequivocal no as well.

Actually I would be prepared to night out for no expenses.

Providing they pay my hourly rate straight through that is… But, as that’ll never happen it’s a moot point.

minstral:

I wouldn’t even consider it unless the rate for the job was unbelievably good, or as the previous poster said I was paid straight through.

So it’s a no then :slight_smile:

To add…I do occasional work for someone off here and am away a few nights at a time and get day rate. So not always the case.

bigvern1:
To add…I do occasional work for someone off here and am away a few nights at a time and get day rate. So not always the case.

What do you mean by day rate?
Paid per day at a rate suitable to include night out money?

Day rate per hour asleep?
Before I got my hgv entitlement I used to think that we got night out allowance on top of our hourly rate… After hearing some story’s of drivers doing nights out for £22-£26 pound per night il stick to my day shifts thanks!
My partner gets double that for doing sleep overs at her work and she is supplied with a nice bed, central heating, sky, kitchen etc… Maybe the odd sleep-over she does will include being woken up by the alarms of some mental health patient requiring assistance. i.e (telephone the police). And I get the added bonus of a lovely king-size bed to myself!

Bliss…

Nope, but yes if the Mrs kicks me out and I was desperate for a bed…then again there is always the girlfriends :laughing: :laughing:

Its a NO from me :wink:

Simon:

bigvern1:

What do you mean by day rate?
Paid per day at a rate suitable to include night out money?

Yes, adequate rate to make it worthwhile. I earn more from him than anywhere else I work. :sunglasses: