night out money

Will someone explain to me why when you get into a conversation with a lot of drivers about wages, quite a few of them will come out with " If I do 4 nights out the money,s great!" Since when has night out money been part of your wages?

lefkasman:
Will someone explain to me why when you get into a conversation with a lot of drivers about wages, quite a few of them will come out with " If I do 4 nights out the money,s great!" Since when has night out money been part of your wages?

If you get £30 a night thats £120 tax free on top of your wage, now I am not being funny but I would love to get an extra £100-120 a week tax free :wink: It is inconvenience pay, or so I was told in my current job so you do with it what you wish. Trampers will make a lot of their own food and some get food allowance to so buying dinner is not coming out of their own pocket. Hence becomes your wage, suppose it depends if you’re good enough not to spend it before pay day then it is all yours :stuck_out_tongue:

I reckon the £20 night out money we get is good… I know people will argue the point that £20 is for a night out but what teh hell are we to spend £20 x 5 nights out money on■■?

If your getting £30 quid a night tax free your a lucky guy but don,t tell the taxman! What I was getting at was some blokes are getting rubbish wages doing the nights out and convincing themselves they have a well paid job . your right night out money should be an added bonus not part of it

ive never counted night out money as part of my pay. it buys my brekkie and dinner and pays for me ■■■■. and i save on petrol money by not travelling. it pays for a good deal but it is not part of my pay :wink:

I see what you mean now lads, I would consider an extra ton a week a nice bonus yes but I would expect more money tramping then just on a day run as o/t will be more available so even before your night out allowance which for me would be a reason to tramp. And maybe £30 is a tadd expensive tax free thought it was about £26 now before taxed but you knew what I meant :stuck_out_tongue:

I seriously doubt you will get any companies in this day in age giving you what your wanting. IE:- £500pw, another £100pw night out money, why not chuck in £75 pw parking allowance… Youve just got to make do with what you get…

Our arctic driver(soon to be me if I pass Tuesday) is on about £550 a week pre tax already without nights out so if I was to go for a tramping job I would expect more then this!(with night out money of course) If this is not common place then I would stay where I was till I will get what I want. When my bro worked for ES he regulaly took home £550 a week after tax I would be happy with that being a young single lad wanting to save some cash to move out :slight_smile:

Heh I am sunday to friday and if I knock my pan in I get about £470 and that’s including 5 nights out at £18 a night.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys and there’s certainly alot of them in my place

lefkasman:

Since there were drivers who can’t see beyond the Friday pay packet, and believe me that’s plenty!

It was like that at Owens when I worked there; pay was £60 per day no matter how many hours you did, and if you got nights out it was the only chance you had of boosting your weekly wage.

It was a bit different for me, since I had a 40 mile round trip to work, and if I did a night out I not only got the money but saved petrol.

The bottom line is that a job which pays £450 a week and £27.50 night-out money pays more than a job which pays £450 a week and £20 night-out money. I consider night-out money to be part of my total income, and since I do all of my own food in the cab, my night-out money is worth £500 a month to me.