Night Trunker wanted in Redditch

Avon Freight are advertising for a night trunker 5 nightsa week - 6pm to 6am at £21,000pa.

Not great money I know but a dead easy job for a good employer.

One or two trips every night from Redditch to Burton and return in the morning.

Phone Mark on Monday if you are interested - 01527 838500

This job is advertised in the local paper

Guy’s i live in the ditch and the job keeps getting advertised 1 a month at the momment so i don’t know if there is something wrong with the job or what. :neutral_face:

damnit i live in redditch and have just accepted a job at walkers

Nothing much wrong with the job - just dead boring. Every night:

Get in at 1800 - hang around until the trailer is loaded - take it to the hub at Derby and get it tipped (doesn’t usually take that long - take the empty back to Redditch - park that and pick up a DD and back to Derby. They are now very busy so maybe quite a while tipping but then park up 'till 4am when load and back to base. Park up, open the curtains and go.

No paperwork - not even time sheets, and no miserable clerks to deal with.

Sometimes it would be only one trip to Derby, depending how busy it is.

I have worked at Avon and I think they are OK. Do the job, be reliable, and the leave you to get on with it. AS I said £21,000 is not great but considering you get at least 4 hours kip every night it’s not bad.

mikey-t:
damnit i live in redditch and have just accepted a job at walkers

Mickey if you have just accepted a job working for Steve an Rosie you will be ok :slight_smile: They will work you hard but the money will be there every week and Steves trucks are pretty good these days

just stay away from langdons lol …wayne in the office is a ■■■■■■

cheers exmayor.
obviously being fresh meat i have got a dog of a truck. my cousins old one actually, being new to driving and then combining that with a dodgy gearbox i can see me having fun! ahh well, back to this thread.

do walkers expect you to work a saturday

no mate usual terms are sunday to friday or monday to sat tramping. always vacancies.

so they expect you to work 6 shifts

If all else fails there’s always Eddie in Alcester :smiley:

yes it is 6 shifts but the only reason you go in on a sunday is to make it easier for yourself , go in about 6pm drive to destination and park up that way you are first in line for tipping, and can get on with it, and on friday you should be back early afternoon before your hours run out, so sunday and friday are only really half days

You’ve got to be desperate to want to work for Walkers… However, if you’ve not got any experience you can’t really be that choosy!

Avon Groupage aren’t much better either. I used to work for them on Agency, trunking up to Holyhead. The full-time driver regularly ran overweight. A mate of mine worked there full-time, you wouldn’t believe his stories about running bent!

I wouldn’t work for Langdons either but that’s down to a personal dislike of a couple of their managers. One of them used to work for Blakes as a Warehouse Supervisor, he was sacked for thieving ready-meals from the warehouse.

Kirkpatricks is the only decent transport company in Redditch and, of course, Fly By Nite, the company I’m currently working for. There’s also Allelys and MPF. I’ve never worked for Allelys but I worked for MPF for two weeks (after they took over Jon Lewis Transport) which didn’t work out.

Bob

i would love to work for fly, my mate paul works in the warehouse, and my old school friend dan is a driver. they never replied to me though, one day maybe,
i never “worked” for allelys but helped family out a lot, and did a week at MPF and its fair to say that didnt work out

any class 2 jobs going around there■■?

Redditch to Burton on a trunk, wow, that sounds like an easy job if ever I heard of one.

Always quite fancied a lazy night trunking job, I do one about once a week for a couple of my customers and generally always count it as a bit of a “rest” job.
Ours are Worthing to Sheffield and back though, just about doable in one shift when traffic gets tight!

Scarab:
Redditch to Burton on a trunk, wow, that sounds like an easy job if ever I heard of one.

Always quite fancied a lazy night trunking job, I do one about once a week for a couple of my customers and generally always count it as a bit of a “rest” job.
Ours are Worthing to Sheffield and back though, just about doable in one shift when traffic gets tight!

It is? :open_mouth:

Using a ten every night?

44 Tonne Ton:
Using a ten every night?

It’s only twice a week, done on a rotation for all the drivers who do the run. The rest of the week, which I don’t do normally, are Worthing to Wolverhampton and back, which isn’t too bad.