Tuffnells (Royton) - I searched

Nothing recent in the searches, I know they’ve been slagged off in the past, but has anyone any recent experience?

I’ve got an interview for Class 1 days tomorrow, so a heads up on what I can expect would be great.

Money is £515.31 - a very precise figure, but not much details on what you do to get that - it just says Mon - Fri

Cant help there fella but as I’ve said to others not all jobs suite all people and the best way is go with what you know and find out fro the main man.

Take notes ie who interviewed you and what was said re rates T&C’s etc.

If your out of work its a no brainer to try the job out earn a week or 2’s money and see how it pans out.
If your in work you just weigh up what job your better on.

Cheers Nick.

I’m back on agency at the moment, not sure if full time employment will ever suit me, but the downsides of agency are always a pain in the ■■■■ too.

I’ve arranged the interview for after I finish work, and I’m not afraid to ask questions, pretty much ‘as you see me’ kind of guy really.

I worked for 1 of their competitors previousy (Crowfoots) as a ‘night trunker’, but it wasn’t, they had me do some collections 1st, then warehouse / loading dock work (unloading the trucks, then loading the trunks), then do my 2 trunks (on route, not seperate runs).
I always finished later than I was paid to, which seemed daft, just start an hour later and we’d be all evens, but as it was working out, I was on less per hour than the day lads were on rigids :open_mouth:

No experience of that depot but i used to speak to their drivers quite a bit, expect alot of drops and be expected to take an artic to drops/collections that are only suitable for rigids and a fair bit of handball. Like the guy above said the only real way to find out is go for it, it may be all good at Royton.

I worked there back in 2004/5. I saw the job advertised a few days ago on Universal offering over £400pw.
It said it was Wagon and Drag, and that’s what I was doing. The freight is mixed bulk,Multi drop, and can be a pain considering where you have to take it, and some of it loose, non palletised. The dayalso involves dropping off and collecting the drags, and finish time was usually around 6/6:30pm. Mark Slater(now in prison) taught me to reverse the drags. The office staff has changed since I left, but I understand Craig Schofeld is still depot manager, I found him to be OK. Hope this is useful to you, let us know how you go on.

Thanks for that.

The ad you saw was the correct one, and different to the 1 I saw that was paying £515 / week. - totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobD … d=60812502

The actual wage is around 370 + 70 in bonus’ (approx figures that give around the correct top line of £440.75)

I was half and half about it at £515, but no interest in it at that money, shame because Gary who interviewed me seemed a decent no bull type of guy.

Job is as described by roughyed above, basically a morning of delivering everything on your drag and truck, as soon as drag is empty dump it somewhere - possibly at a customer for loading.
Afternoon, start collections around 3pm, aiming to be back in yard around 6-7pm…