fed ex

the normal please guys.
they are advertising for a night trunking position, not to far from me, if they are ok i could be interested, thanks.

chilistrucker:
the normal please guys.
they are advertising for a night trunking position, not to far from me, if they are ok i could be interested, thanks.

Surely you could apply anyway and then if offered you may have an answer by then, if you wait on it you might be too late :wink:
I dont remember seeing much bad stuff about em on here try a search.

My general rule of thumb is always apply for every job find out the pay ,terms and conditions etc, if you don’t like it you can always turn it down, getting in the office in the first place is the hardest part.

cheers. spoke to them, application form is in the post, just after a heads up really.

Which Depot? Dartford? Chelmsford?

Run is usually upto Marston Gate from wherever it is you’ll start from locally.
From there, you might go on and do a trailer swap somewhere like Leicester, or do a “B” run into another local depot, and bring more work back to Marston Gate. (J13 M1)
Pay works out for FT around £9.66ph I believe, nothing special but not bad for a straightforward job. Working week is typicaly monday-friday 10.75hour shifts. 54hours for about £500gross. (Source: Marston Gate noticeboard Transport Office) :wink:

It’s Chelmsford and you’ll find some of your colleagues will be doing a lot less work than you for the same money… :wink:

they dont accept people with RHcP Tattoos… :wink:

Winseer, its at the chelmsford depot, and was described as chelmsford, to mk, to stoke and back, and was told i’d have to assist with loading and unloading at each depot. thanks for the info mate :sunglasses:

44 Tonne Ton, you sound like the voice of personal experience?

acceptme:
they dont accept people with RHcP Tattoos… :wink:

WHAT DID HE SAY :wink:

if i get it mate, sounds like i may have to work for a living for a change :open_mouth:

chilistrucker:
cheers. spoke to them, application form is in the post, just after a heads up really.

Application form is in the post?

You’d think they’d just Fed Ex it over :stuck_out_tongue:

chilistrucker:
Winseer, its at the chelmsford depot, and was described as chelmsford, to mk, to stoke and back, and was told i’d have to assist with loading and unloading at each depot. thanks for the info mate :sunglasses:

I did a bit there on agency. It made no difference to me as I was on hours but for a permanent employee it might rankle a bit. I don’t anymore cos they pay the same rate as staff now. £9.54. For agency. On nights. Go figure!

44 Tonne Ton:

chilistrucker:

I did a bit there on agency. It made no difference to me as I was on hours but for a permanent employee it might rankle a bit. I don’t anymore cos they pay the same rate as staff now. £9.54. For agency. On nights. Go figure!

ok mate thanks, i’ll fill the forms in when they come through and see what happens.

I work out of the Gretna a fair bit, nice people, decent kit, decent driver rooms, Parkhouse hub is impressive specially at 02.20 when all the wagons go streaming out like a swarm of disturbed hornets :laughing:

like me mate… im now the mattress man… but dont get to sleep on them :frowning: heavy bloody things

I don’t think you go to stoke from Chelmsford.

Chelmsford-Marston, drop trailer, pick up trailer for stoke, goto leicester, swap with stoke driver there, return either to marston or chelmsford with stoke trailer. (Most likely all the way home with it) :grimacing:

Winseer:
I don’t think you go to stoke from Chelmsford.

Chelmsford-Marston, drop trailer, pick up trailer for stoke, goto leicester, swap with stoke driver there, return either to marston or chelmsford with stoke trailer. (Most likely all the way home with it) :grimacing:

hello mate.
i actually spoke to a woman on the phone, and she def said it was a set run of chelmsford to mk, onto stoke, and direct back to chelmsford, which to me sounded like quite a fair nights work. or have i just been spoilt in the past?

FedEx, ummmm.
I did 12 Weeks for these cowboys out of Ipswich driving a DoubleDecker. One night I’d leave at 1800hrs and go to MK, drop and park under a DD being filled. Once loaded about 2100hrs I’d drive up to Stoke on Trent. Drop just inside the Gates and a unit would pick it up and take it on up to Gretna. I’d pull up under another DD and about 0230 leave for Ipswich.
Next night I’d leave Ipswich at 1900hrs, drop at MK and pull up under one being loaded. Got my head down until 0200hrs. Left there at 0230hrs for Ipswich.
I’d fill up at MK every night and wash the unit every other night.

This was through an Agency paying £11.35, FedEx offered me a permanent job paying £9.25(?), when I said nah, they said we want another Driver.

My First time getting to MK and the ■■■■■■ on Security said “have you got a High Viz and Steel Capped Boots”, I said, “you can see the High Viz cos I’m wearing it and yes I’ve got Steel toe capped Boots”, “I need to see the Boots” he said, “Yea, in your face jobsworth” i said. He was nice as pie after that, tool.

The Canteen is naff, full of immigrants, hardly any English work in the Hub.

my mate works for these said it was the worst compnay hes worked for. if you ask to many questions on the day of the driving assesment you wont get the job. thay will tell you its cushy. he said some of the runs are far from it. and hes not work shy he turned a job offer down which was rope and sheeting.said he should have took it. basically its a job for the boys. just spoke to him before posting this he siad tell him to trust nobody it gets striaght back to office. and as far as canteen at marston its a joke. butty machine empty. all the meerkats have had it. and who whants to sit in brew room whith 30 plus meerkats. all jibering in polish. said you fell very uncomfortable and you dont belong there. you wait out side on the estate trying to get in. and you have to put your trailor on the bay. running out of time while 3 shunt drivers ride around empty. plus lots of drivers from that area tried that run and told them to shove it. if you go for it you will need crb check. thats all he said.

dinosteveus1:
FedEx, ummmm.
I did 12 Weeks for these cowboys out of Ipswich driving a DoubleDecker. One night I’d leave at 1800hrs and go to MK, drop and park under a DD being filled. Once loaded about 2100hrs I’d drive up to Stoke on Trent. Drop just inside the Gates and a unit would pick it up and take it on up to Gretna. I’d pull up under another DD and about 0230 leave for Ipswich.
Next night I’d leave Ipswich at 1900hrs, drop at MK and pull up under one being loaded. Got my head down until 0200hrs. Left there at 0230hrs for Ipswich.
I’d fill up at MK every night and wash the unit every other night.

This was through an Agency paying £11.35, FedEx offered me a permanent job paying £9.25(?), when I said nah, they said we want another Driver.

My First time getting to MK and the ■■■■■■ on Security said “have you got a High Viz and Steel Capped Boots”, I said, “you can see the High Viz cos I’m wearing it and yes I’ve got Steel toe capped Boots”, “I need to see the Boots” he said, “Yea, in your face jobsworth” i said. He was nice as pie after that, tool.

The Canteen is naff, full of immigrants, hardly any English work in the Hub.

I can’t get into the canteen, as it’s through a “no drivers” door, what with me actually obeying instructions like a stiff and all. :blush:

I had a look at that kiosk outside, but had the “phuckmelookatthepricesFFS” experience with that, and gave it a miss.

Gate: “Are you wearing safety boots?”
Me: “Are you overweight?”
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh yes and Overtime, hehehe, robbing ■■■■■ don’t pay OT as such. My route was classed as a ‘Red Route’ or something like that meaning you had to go over 54 (? I think) Hours, if you worked for FedEx your Pay went down after 54 Hours, someone correct me if I’m wrong. The Ipswich route took at least 60 hours and that’s without any roadworks, A14 is real bad for being messed about with. The idea was to stop drivers dragging the job out. Not sure what the OT rate was, never did it for FedEx, great for Agy.
That worked so well that the 2 drivers at Ipswich fiddled their Tachos and had been doing it for some time. The first man back would leave his tacho on Other work and when the second Man came back about 90-120 minutes later he’d ‘clock him out’.