fed ex

hmmm, some interesting replies.
i’m happy to work for my money, and don’t mind the hours or abit of graft, as long as its 100% legal.
as for the whole canteen and staff scenarios, i’m not fussed. i did regular nights for a subby for a couple of years in and out of t.n.t’s atherstone and kingsbury hubs. guess there are alot that are same old same old. alot of the sorting staff at the hub, were from poland, pakistan and the like, some good, some bad. same with the t.n.t drivers, some were the nicest blokes on the planet, who’d chat with ya, others that would just sneer at the “subby scum” :unamused:
i’m only interested currently in going in, doing a weeks work and getting paid for it.
i don’t care where i’m sent, as long as its all legally do-able, i’m fine with that.
thanks again all who have replied.

I worked for Fed Ex from 1988 to 1994, it was the best job I have ever had. Last year Fed Ex was voted the USA’s best employer and the job here is nowhere near as good as in the UK. We had higher pay rates than any other carrier, amazing holidays, job security and 90% discout on all airlines for the whole family and I know they still do that because the drivers here still get it. I still keep in touch with Fed Ex managers over here and they are still willing to employ me due to my record over there, trouble is the nearest terminal is 80 miles away.
In short … Federal Express is a very good employer.

i did agency work for fedex from bristol to milton kynes nice trunking run get there about 23:00 chill out for a couple of hours till your loaded then back unload then off home easy job would of loved to have been full time there

I never looked for the Pay.I just took what was comming up and it was OK.
The one Time it was nice Work,the other Time the People were nice.
You can’t have anywhy not everything.Just get on with it.
Question:“What’s your Profession? Driving? Then drive and let the Boss sort out the Pay!”
You can complain to a later Time,but then you are in middn of the job and the Boss has to think it over,if he will lose you :wink:

chicane:
I work out of the Gretna a fair bit, nice people, decent kit, decent driver rooms, Parkhouse hub is impressive specially at 02.20 when all the wagons go streaming out like a swarm of disturbed hornets :laughing:

Pffttf!

I missed the “BREAK” tonight, and got left standing like the Trap 4 “coffin” dog…

Getting rather cheesed off with these characters at MG who insist upon loading 1-2-3 ■■■■-ups over and over.

Item 1 - Crappy Pallet disintergrates when you attempt to put a pump truck under it. (Usually ends up going through the bottom slat!) :x

Item 2 - Inability of epsilons (knuckle draggers for those who’ve not read Huxley) to read what’s in the boxes. No care taken in putting the right stuff on top and bottom. :angry: :imp:

Item 3 - Stacking engine parts on top of boxes of plastic cups, fragile upside down, and teetering over edges, pallets stacked 8 foot high with a 45 degree list to them, has them leaning into the pallet next to it with the result whichever one you try and pull out first, you end up losing “KERPLUNK” bigtime! :x :angry: :imp: :imp:

…and to cap it all off, jamming the gibbet cage things (Doors tied on with bit of clingfilm, another 40 eyebrows!) on like sardines so you need a tin opener to get 'em out back at base!

I wouldn’t have minded a “job and knock” on a friday too, instead of getting shafted by the nospeekyenglish brigade! :frowning: :cry:

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.this is for immigrant. whith no distrespect to you or any other persons who have been invited to this country. yes thay will smile at you and be very polite. and show you where the canteen is and the toilets are. and give you good truck runs. BECUSE there frieghtend to death of you pulling the ACE card out. RACIIIIIIIIIIIIST RACIST. ITS PROBABLY JUST AS WELL YOU CARNT MIND READ. and having drove truck in the us for 2 yrs. any good job in the states is worth a mention. i couldnt believe how ill treated most drivers are. as for any office worker who comments about how good a driving job is. well come and try it. last but not least. theres a reason why your on crap pay if you look at the big picture. if your on low wages HOW can you contibute towards your pention. so this means that the company dont have to. or the goverment either.and as for moaning about conditions well. we didnt wright the H.S.E BOOK OF RULES. where just applying them.

Winseer:

chicane:
I work out of the Gretna a fair bit, nice people, decent kit, decent driver rooms, Parkhouse hub is impressive specially at 02.20 when all the wagons go streaming out like a swarm of disturbed hornets :laughing:

Pffttf!

I missed the “BREAK” tonight, and got left standing like the Trap 4 “coffin” dog…

Getting rather cheesed off with these characters at MG who insist upon loading 1-2-3 ■■■■-ups over and over.

Item 1 - Crappy Pallet disintergrates when you attempt to put a pump truck under it. (Usually ends up going through the bottom slat!) :x

Item 2 - Inability of epsilons (knuckle draggers for those who’ve not read Huxley) to read what’s in the boxes. No care taken in putting the right stuff on top and bottom. :angry: :imp:

Item 3 - Stacking engine parts on top of boxes of plastic cups, fragile upside down, and teetering over edges, pallets stacked 8 foot high with a 45 degree list to them, has them leaning into the pallet next to it with the result whichever one you try and pull out first, you end up losing “KERPLUNK” bigtime! :x :angry: :imp: :imp:

…and to cap it all off, jamming the gibbet cage things (Doors tied on with bit of clingfilm, another 40 eyebrows!) on like sardines so you need a tin opener to get 'em out back at base!

I wouldn’t have minded a “job and knock” on a friday too, instead of getting shafted by the nospeekyenglish brigade! :frowning: :cry:

Item 3. worst lot I’ve come across was pasttimes/wittards of chelsea (workington warehouse) pallets stacked so high forkie struggles to get them in the trailer and a couple of wraps of clingfilm to hold the whole lot together while you negotiate the west ■■■■■■■■ roads :unamused: ARCO can be the same.

and how the hell do the cages get so wrecked, doesn’t take a genius or any time to close the frickin doors :imp:

I think the cages to which I refered are known as ARCOs. Doors dont shut properly, so they get tied shut with a couple of loops of clingfilm. Underneath is all buckled, so when you put your pump truck underneath, the whole lot tips backwards or sideways depending upon which way is the most damaging! :imp: :imp: :imp:

With the loads being so efficient in terms of amount on vehicle, it’s a shame to see what appears to be a systemic insurance ripoff by smashing up so much of the goods in transit, that only the insurance paying out no quibble keeps such an operation in business. If the insurance firms pulled the rug, transport firms would have to pay top dollar to encourage more people to sign up either under their own insurance (self employed) or the firm would only take on the very best of staff (long experience, no breakages, clean licence, etc.) :wink: