Nice while it lasted

Got given 12 weeks notice last saturday, the company is closing down. From my own point of view i’m not to worried only been there just over a year, was of this week anyway so have got plenty of iron’s in fires allready. Some of the blokes that work in the slaughter house have worked for them 25-30 years, and there aint many jobs like that about, so some of them are going to find it hard. I dont know all the in’s and out’s but i know that a whole new raft of reg’s from Europe come into effect next year, and a few months ago on farming today they reported that they would expect several more abbotiors to close, so maybe this is the start. And to think that after foot and mouth the critic’s moaned that livestock was being transported to far, well if the small local slaughter houses close that wont stop livestock traveling.

I heard a debate on the radio today that said the eurocrats are to stop subsidising farmers…said theyre being paid to over produce food that we cant consume (what a surprise)…so theyre going to subsidise them for not producing…and the rich will of course move into the derelect farmhouses and be paid by the tax payer to produce nothing…that is except the french of course …so our industries are being run into the ground…disbanded…because europe says so…its a ploy to run the brits into the ground…since we joined the eu…thats all thats happened…weve lost many great companies…radio…tv…motorbike cars…trucks…manufacturing etc…we dont need them…they need us…so lets run them into the ground…and put the great back into britain…

Bad news Eddie, even though you say your not too bothered its still a blow when a job folds. I hope you find something to your liking soon, good luck for the future. :smiley:

Bad news Eddie, it seems all small companies are being run into the ground by regulations and unfair competition from the big boys. I’m sure something suitable will turn up, but not so good for those who have been there for years to adapt.

Not Pilgrims by anychance is it ■■.
I use to do some agency work for them & they are a decent bunch.

daxi:
Not Pilgrims by anychance is it ■■.
I use to do some agency work for them & they are a decent bunch.

No, George Bush at Stalham. Apparently it was in the EDP, spoke to a mate today who said that he’d seen it in there, Cant say to much at the moment but looks like i’ve got something lined up for when we shut :wink: , night at home during the week :open_mouth: , been brought back to cover some work where guys are starting to move on :frowning: .