More jobs gone

Just found out that a National company have today laid off the last four drivers at their Thamesport depot.

When is it going to stop no warning just told either transfer too another depot or clear the motor.

Two office staff gone aswell. Just leave’s the [zb] that couldnt organise a p**s up in a brewery there on his own

Hope they do the same too him. :imp: .

There’s no need to predict which words the auto censor will catch, just type what you want, then hit the ‘submit’ button.
It’s OK to write “■■■■ up” but the other word you doctored with asterisks to dodge the auto censor had to go. :wink: dd.

Soon be just D(zb)L and Stobbits left and a computer generated hologrammed transport bod :imp:

reading the bit on roadtransport news about w.s +d.i standing down and concentrating more on the day to day running[my interpitation] id guess even the big boys are finding things challenging at the moment :exclamation: :exclamation:

in some ways though i think this recession will help to actually focus peoples minds,ive moaned many a time at work and on here about running hundreds of miles empty, many have said so what, it doesnt matter.
now been told under no circumstances can a truck leave depot with less than 14 pallets on, as i say when times get hard,lean, folks have to start earning there money by doing the job there paid to do,run the firms properly, eventually youll end up with far more efficient operations than-pre recession.
can only benifit us in the long term

ady1:
as i say when times get hard,lean, folks have to start earning there money by doing the job there paid to do,run the firms properly, eventually youll end up with far more efficient operations than-pre recession.

Exactly, this recession (yes I still believe were in 1 despite what bull them in Lordy London say) can only be good long term, how much money over the years has been spunked away with deadwood and dead miles, tighten the belts and make your company more efficient, be ruthless if you have to be but long term its a win.

B1 GGK:

ady1:
as i say when times get hard,lean, folks have to start earning there money by doing the job there paid to do,run the firms properly, eventually youll end up with far more efficient operations than-pre recession.

Exactly, this recession (yes I still believe were in 1 despite what bull them in Lordy London say) can only be good long term, how much money over the years has been spunked away with deadwood and dead miles, tighten the belts and make your company more efficient, be ruthless if you have to be but long term its a win.

I totally agree with you both but this is all down to the idiot in the office.

One box aday into london then park up, drivers coming from other depots on a monday to pick up boxes for the midlands and home counties but he keeps his job. now you cant tell me he is routing those vehicles cost effectivley. :unamused:

Who is this ‘national company’?

It’s quite amazing how much money was wasted and no one was accountable, this must have gone on for years and we didn’t know.
Hopefully the ‘Haulage Industry’ will come out of this recession leaner and stronger, otherwise there won’t be a ‘Haulage Industry’, just a few big companies paying peanuts.

The company is one with blue and white trucks but not the one with a nautical name. :smiling_imp:

beetee07:
The company is one with blue and white trucks but not the one with a nautical name. :smiling_imp:

ALDI :bulb:

Lovlyperson:

beetee07:

ALDI :bulb:

Since when did Aldi have a depot at Thamesport ordeliver containers. :unamused:

Could it be ELITE TRANSPORT :question:

fingermissing:
Could it be ELITE TRANSPORT :question:

Spot on that man.