That all folks

Well thats it for another haulage company. got back from Telford after loading for monday morning to be called into a meeting, to be told thats it as from now Freelance Trading has gone into liquidation. so thats it for now :confused: . good luck Kate. If I here of any thing going I’ll let you know.

Might just have been seasonal but it looked like the worst was over with a few posters getting jobs but then again at the first signs of a recovery the fuel goes back up over a quid.

Is there any industry less organised than Lorry drivers in this country.

Anyone who could get large and small firms to show a bit of solidarity to each other would be onto a winner.

Marches up and down the country for people losing their jobs but barely a peep when transport companies are paying enough tax on fuel to bail out the whole of Europe.

Any body would think the Government would prefer some larger firms to monopolise the lot.

aranger:
Might just have been seasonal but it looked like the worst was over with a few posters getting jobs but then again at the first signs of a recovery the fuel goes back up over a quid.

Is there any industry less organised than Lorry drivers in this country.

Anyone who could get large and small firms to show a bit of solidarity to each other would be onto a winner.

Marches up and down the country for people losing their jobs but barely a peep when transport companies are paying enough tax on fuel to bail out the whole of Europe.

Any body would think the Government would prefer some larger firms to monopolise the lot.

That is the whole idea…The Govt. want large Corps. to monopolise, that is their plan.
There is no room for a multitude of small busines, they cost too much to Police/Control, far better to ahve one or two doing the job, makes and saves them money…

I know, I run my own small business, have ran others and now work for a medium sized business…

DINGBAT:
Well thats it for another haulage company. got back from Telford after loading for monday morning to be called into a meeting, to be told thats it as from now Freelance Trading has gone into liquidation. so thats it for now :confused: . good luck Kate. If I here of any thing going I’ll let you know.

Cheers matey, you too…

20 more drivers on the scrapheap.
83 collective years of family history sold down the blasted river. :imp:
Tis a good job my grandfather aint here to see it.

Bitter? you bet :exclamation:

sorry to hear this Kate :frowning:

Sorry to hear this Kate, when you are feeling a bit brighter a history lesson would be welcome. Was your Grandad Peter Bowker?

Sad news whatever.

Malc

Wheel Nut:
Sorry to hear this Kate, when you are feeling a bit brighter a history lesson would be welcome. Was your Grandad Peter Bowker?

Sad news whatever.

Malc

Malc, Peter Bowker is my uncle. My grandfather was the late great Horace Bowker, founder of Bowker Brothers, long long ago.

A history lesson will be my pleasure one day.

Thanks for the kind words, you too Dolly.

Kate.

sorry to hear that kate, hope something comes up quickly for all of you who lost your jobs

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ive seen boat loads of these vehicles this week on the m62, always seemed to look busy.

sorry kate and dingbat.

jessicas dad:
:shock: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ive seen boat loads of these vehicles this week on the m62, always seemed to look busy.

Thats what’s annoying, most of us have been busy,stretched to the limits for the most part, but obviously not busy enough.

sorry kate and dingbat.

Thank you.

I saw a couple myself the other day as well, looked out in case it was a female driver :grimacing:

Bad news, hope something crops up soon…

No words, just thoughts. x.

sorry to hear this,

Good Luck Kate and Dingbat hope you find summat else soon

sam

Good luck all.
There’ll only be mega haulage companies next, like the mega oil companies, chemical companies banks et al. They like the oil companies etc will be able to dictate to the Customer/Government, and no-one will be able to do anything about it :frowning:
It’s saddening, sickening and distressing, and is ripping the heart out of the industry I love.

Sorry to hear that kate, something else will come up i’m sure, firms still need good, reliable drivers.

With regards to them seeming busy, there’s a difference between being busy for good, profitable rates and just keeping the wheels turning for naff money which is what a lot of hauliers are doing at the moment as there’s an over capacity in the market place.

Perhaps this misfortune could be your excuse to follow your dream…and move to Cornwall

Sorry to hear the news Kate.
Another shropshire haulier gone.And the sad thing is the long history with it.
Are there any jobs going at that new dairy at telford? I havn’t heard or seen anything about jobs there.
Whos doing the transport out of there?.

Tonyb

tonyb70:
Are there any jobs going at that new dairy at telford? I havn’t heard or seen anything about jobs there.

Tonyb

Tony, re the new dairy in Telford, Edwards from Hinstock got the haulage out of there.

Chicken George the 2nd:

tonyb70:

Tonyb

Tony, re the new dairy in Telford, Edwards from Hinstock got the haulage out of there.

It’s a wonder they didn’t put an advert in the paper needing drivers out of there or has he just scaled down his other work to free motors up.

I did a bit for him a few years ago.But because of the start times and living 40 miles away it was hard work.
Where do you live and who do you drive for?

Tonyb

Thanks Tony, and Chicken George for the info. I’ll look into them this week.

Thanks to all for the good wishes, I’ll keep you posted.

Kate