That all folks

Cant say a lot as its aleady bin said

Hope something comes round the courner soon
all the best to you and the rest of the lads/lasses out there.

As has been said small bus and coach firms were all snaffled up leaving only a small number of operators Looks like hauliers are being forced down the same route.

tonyb70:

Chicken George the 2nd:

tonyb70:
Sorry to hear the news Kate.
Another shropshire haulier gone.And the sad thing is the long history with it.
Are there any jobs going at that new dairy at telford? I havn’t heard or seen anything about jobs there.
Whos doing the transport out of there?.

Tonyb

Tony, re the new dairy in Telford, Edwards from Hinstock got the haulage out of there.

It’s a wonder they didn’t put an advert in the paper needing drivers out of there or has he just scaled down his other work to free motors up.

I did a bit for him a few years ago.But because of the start times and living 40 miles away it was hard work.
Where do you live and who do you drive for?

Tonyb

Grocontinental out of Whitchurch, been there a couple of years now.
And I live in Wellington, still its only a 44 mile round trip.

Are you back out on the road again yet kate and dingbat

Tonyb

alamcculloch:
As has been said small bus and coach firms were all snaffled up leaving only a small number of operators Looks like hauliers are being forced down the same route.

Looks like Stobart and one or two others will dominate the indutry.

renaultman:
Good luck all.
There’ll only be mega haulage companies next, like the mega oil companies, chemical companies banks et al. They like the oil companies etc will be able to dictate to the Customer/Government, and no-one will be able to do anything about it :frowning:
It’s saddening, sickening and distressing, and is ripping the heart out of the industry I love.

Or mega rail freight and air freight companies running on tax free diesel and kerosene.It’s saddening,sickening,and distressing but it’s politics which has been ripping the heart out of the British haulage industry for years.

att:
Any body would think the Government would prefer some larger firms to monopolise the lot.

That is the whole idea…The Govt. want large Corps. to monopolise, that is their plan.
There is no room for a multitude of small busines, they cost too much to Police/Control, far better to ahve one or two doing the job, makes and saves them money…

I know, I run my own small business, have ran others and now work for a medium sized business…
[/quote]
And then they’ll nationalise it by the back door, probably by letting one of the big boys take everyone over & then inflate the price of everything so when they go under, the govenment will step in, just like Northern Rock, instead of BRS this time it’ll be Peter Mandelson Logistics :unamused:

Hasn’t Lee Harvey Oswald got any long lost relatives in England that could do us all a favour?

newmercman:

att:
Any body would think the Government would prefer some larger firms to monopolise the lot.

That is the whole idea…The Govt. want large Corps. to monopolise, that is their plan.
There is no room for a multitude of small busines, they cost too much to Police/Control, far better to ahve one or two doing the job, makes and saves them money…

I know, I run my own small business, have ran others and now work for a medium sized business…

And then they’ll nationalise it by the back door, probably by letting one of the big boys take everyone over & then inflate the price of everything so when they go under, the govenment will step in, just like Northern Rock, instead of BRS this time it’ll be Peter Mandelson Logistics :unamused:

Hasn’t Lee Harvey Oswald got any long lost relatives in England that could do us all a favour?
[/quote]
No one would be as stupid as he was because he was just set up to take the blame for a coup which helped big business over there get rid of one president to replace him with Johnson and then they got Nixon after him.If they could ask Oswald now wether he thought it was worth getting involved in what he did he’d say no if he had any sense.

Carryfast,

So you’re into the conspiracy theory angle too? CIA written all over that one :wink:

Assasinating our elected leaders is never a good idea, ooops, silly me, nobody actually elected Gordon Brown did they :open_mouth: :unamused:

I wonder if he’ll go on the same pages of the history books of the future as Lenin, Stalin, the mad Korean Kim whatever his name was, Franco, Castro & the rest.

Seriously though, I don’t want him killed, just removed from office along with the rest of the incompetents, if they stay much longer the damage they’ll do to the country could well put it beyond repair :cry:

Sorry to hear your news Kate, Good Luck with finding your way forward I know how bad this last 12 plus months have been with massive ups and downs. Now you sound like you have hit the bottom and I would like to wish you the very best of luck climbing the vine again as I am sure a Lady of your colibre and history in your roots will make you strong and give you the strength to go forward…

You know you can DO IT :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Personally I have been looking for a F/T job for over 18 months now and I have a assement but have been a bit tight lipped over it but this just shows that the glass is always to be treated as half full and the light always appears at the end of the tunnel is just takes some courage and strength to go forward.

(wheres the big hug smiley??) x

Feel free to correct me but im sure Kate started with Multiserve steel full time a while back :smiley:

dogthehunter:
Feel free to correct me but im sure Kate started with Multiserve steel full time a while back :smiley:

Should of said Good luck mad dan with your assesment let us know how you get on