A Page and a Half of Local HGV Jobs on Job Plus

Had my usual click on Job Centre plus this morning put in my post code 15 mile limit and up popped a page and a half of local jobs about 20 in all, granted most are agencys and based on 40 hour weeks but it’s looking good it was only last month that only 2 jobs came up.
Are we on the Up and Up is this the end of the resession can I soon park my Bosses Truck a couple of hundred miles away and post the keys back to him with a note “GO FIND”.
It’s defantly made me feel better…
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i hope that’s true.
In recent months i haven’t been into tilbury or felixstowe for return loads but in the past fortnite i’ve been in 4 times.
I see that as a sign things are recovering.

It does seem although certain ‘pockets’ of the UK are picking up a little but it is certainly not an overall average rise in jobs.

I wouldnt pay much attention to those adverts because im now signed up with 6 agencies and im still sat at home with no work :frowning:…i hope things pick up soon because im getting real fed up lol…

i do think that part of the problem is that companies are nervous about taking people on in case things go ■■■■ up again

i think things are not so bad as a little while ago i seem to get a good week but thats followed by a quiet week.

john

I’ve just done the same search and I live in South London and it came up with 52 jobs

Only 4 of which were not agencies
16 of which were further than the 15 mile range by a long shot
and 2 wern’t even driving jobs

So I reckon that 4 genuine jobs (and not agency advertising tools) isn’t that brilliant in London

dogthehunter:
I wouldnt pay much attention to those adverts because im now signed up with 6 agencies and im still sat at home with no work :frowning:…i hope things pick up soon because im getting real fed up lol…

i do think that part of the problem is that companies are nervous about taking people on in case things go ■■■■ up again

Yeah I know what you mean Agencies promise the world and very seldom deliver but still it is nice to see a full board on job plus.
I signed on with two agencies a few years ago nothing for a week then suddenly both were trying to throw work my way I have found from previous experiance you have to take any crap job they offer just to get your foot in the door.

Hope it all comes good for you soon.

told yesterday 30 odd more folks at a depot had been laid off, finished,may of been only 30 folks there and theyve shut the depot, facts were a bit sketchy, but the jist is, theres more jobs going than appearing around my area by a mile

Jobs being lost in some areas of the UK and jobs becoming vacant in other areas of the UK - I wonder if the balance is tipping yet in our favour :question: