Nice one.

Well After passing my c+e test a few weeks ago i got my ‘second’ chance to drive one today. The first occasion basically involved only driving forward so when todays run came up i was a bit apprehensive.

Had a 09.15 drop at tesco crick, Having been there before i knew the yard layout and parking areas etc so i knew what to expect.

Decided i needed a bit of guidance so spoke to my ‘old’ man and asked if he would mind riding shot gun with me for the day (he is a driver) and give me a few pointers on the reverses when required.

Well turned up at the yard this morning and was booked to drive a 04 plate Actros Super space :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Worked out the box in a few moments (had been given a run down on it a few days earlier by a walkers crisps driver when i was enquiring about them) and went to get the trailer.

No problems coupling up with the old fella looking on and not helping which is what i wanted.

Drove down for the drop and no major problems couple of moments with the box but nowt serious.

SO came to the first bit of manouvering (spell?) which was to park up on the left to wait for my bay. If you know Tesoc crick this required me go to the top of the yard and swing it round and then come back down so it was on my good side. Again no problem. Old fella says " point it towards them gates and back straight in" which i did in one and couldnt believe it as it was between a railing and another trailer.

Anyway sat there for two and a half hours and eventually the ‘old man’ says im going out to that buttie truck for something to eat. Well you can guess what happend next.

‘right drive Bay 9’ GULP

Anyway with my guide away at the butty van off i goes. Pulled level and then across to get the angle. Started to back in but got a bit close to the offside wall/post so had to pull forward. Tried again and was about to get close again when ‘another’ driver jumped out of his cab and says ‘lift your middle axle mate’ ‘it will be easier to steer in’ did this and he proceeded to guide me in to which i was very gratefull. so that was it bang on in the box and me very chuffed at which point the old man re appears with his breakfast . ‘oops sorry’ says he.

SO thats it another ‘first’ completed cant wait to get more under my belt.

What a great day.

Congrats and well done, Bones!!

The first 100 are the worse… wait till you have NO alternative but to reverse on your blindside :o)))

Must be a very good feeling :slight_smile: I can remember that all those years ago, You must be new at the game, for anyone to write a whole piece about reversing into a bay :laughing: :laughing:

Practice makes perfect :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one Bones. I think the fact the other guy went to get breakfast worked in your favour as you just got on with it without relying on him.

well done bones,reversing will get easier.more you get the better you’ll come :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Was made even better when a ‘jack richards’ drive struggled like hell to get in next to me on bay 10. :open_mouth:

And all he could say was ’ at least youve got an excuse im just ■■■■■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
You must be new at the game, for anyone to write a whole piece about reversing into a bay :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL… :smiley: :smiley:

Fair play tho… :wink:
I’m dreading my first solo C1 venture… I feel (rightly or wrongly), being female makes it more important to get it right otherwise a torrent of mickey-takin / abuse is bound to follow… :stuck_out_tongue:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Don’t be daft, Chrissie!!!

I would like to think men are much supportive of the women in this industry than they were 10 years ago!!
You will more than likely get no end of chaps willing to assist you :o))))

Ragtop:

Pat Hasler:
You must be new at the game, for anyone to write a whole piece about reversing into a bay :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL… :smiley: :smiley:

Fair play tho… :wink:
I’m dreading my first solo C1 venture… I feel (rightly or wrongly), being female makes it more important to get it right otherwise a torrent of mickey-takin / abuse is bound to follow… :stuck_out_tongue:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

woman or man we’ll take the p out of both,so you won’t be treated any different :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wel done Bones, wait till youve got that much experience that when your leaving Tesco’s carpark at the supermarket with the wife and kids on a saturday morningand its heaving , that you forget your in the car when reversing out of the parking bay and steer the wrong way then. Done it a few times myself :blush: luckily no damage except my pride and ego.

Paul