1st day training c+e done!

Hey everyone I done my 1st day training on c+e today … Everything went really good untill I got back too the yard and had too reverse !! What a nightmare back n forth back n forth !! Tips anyone ?

Half of your reversing work is already done if you can get the trailer to point in the direction to want to go - before you start your reverse.

Before we even got to drive the artic on our training we were taken to a car park (disused) and given the chance to reverse it and get used to the lorry, so I’m not sure if you covered reversing today but just take it nice and slow.

We doing reversing in the morning ! We just bin on a good drive today too get used too the arctic ! I felt really confident driving forward ! Just the reversing I struggled too get in the bay when we got back too the yard !! What about decoupling the trailer ? Is that pretty straight forward ?

Best advice is to listen to your instructor. There’s nothing difficult about reversing or uncoupling/coupling so just listen to what your instructor says and you’ll be fine. If you dont understand anything, ask him. The daft question is the one you dont ask.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for advice pete ! You from Mansfield I see … I’m from Leicester do u no anywhere that will give me a chance once I gain my c+e ?

Who are you training with if you don’t mind me asking .

Widdowsons mate

Wannabeheretolearn:
Who are you training with if you don’t mind me asking .

Samhollis1987:
Widdowsons mate

Samhollis1987:
Thanks for advice pete ! You from Mansfield I see … I’m from Leicester do u no anywhere that will give me a chance once I gain my c+e ?

I do … Widdowsons

Samhollis1987:
Hey everyone I done my 1st day training on c+e today … Everything went really good untill I got back too the yard and had too reverse !! What a nightmare back n forth back n forth !! Tips anyone ?

So you were disappointed that you couldn’t reverse an artic even though you’ve never done it before? I think that’s what’s known as being too hard on yourself! You’re there to be taught this amongst other things. Rest assured, by the end of your training you will be able to do it. :grimacing:

Samhollis1987:
What about decoupling the trailer ? Is that pretty straight forward ?

Remember this

B rake
L egs
A irlines/electrics
C oupling
K ingpin (artic)

Through the grapevine, I understand Widdowsons have got a shunting job on offer.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing: