My First Day Training

Hi All

Arrived @ the airfield this morning to start my class one training, Seem to be alittle concerned about the shear length of the beast but this was soon to pass.

The morning started @ 10.30am with a little cruise around the block on the open roads in our ERF , this maybe was to get me some confidence back, as I had been out of the sadle for afew weeks, since passing my class two and we are using a different lorry.
It all went with out a hitch, didnt hit anything or kerbs, lol

Then Kevin my instructor proceeded to show me the uncoupling and recoupling procedure. as I had read alot of the postings here, it was good to put it in to practice what I had read. No issues with this exercise, baring the bloody tractor unit reverse gear…

Yes our ERF has one of those reverse gears that dont like to be selected, but I have till the end of the week to master that on.
Dont think its me, just think its the gear box… :confused:

After the uncoupling we proceeded to have a go @ the reversing exercise, it looked so straight forward when reading on these posts, but puting in to practice was another matter.

Well as the day went on I seemed to have cracked it to a point, still need to revisit later in the week to refine the latter part of lining up for the parking in the garage area.
Its probably me but I know I can use two shunts, but its maybe me being alittle pig headed and I also need to be more gentle with the steering…

Alls thing considered, its been a interesting day for me and lot has been learnt.

Tomorrow we are hitting the local roads for some road experiance and getting this beast around roundabouts and right and left turns.
She goes alright in a straight line and the trailer follows the tractor unit pretty well
We shall see if I hit anything lol :smiling_imp: