First day C+E training PSTT

So started my training with Chris yesterday (17th) was an absolute bag of nerves Chris showed me the reverse first then it was my turn, got the trailer going in the right direction although kept over steering mainly as was too worried about going over the lines, but as Chris pointed out all the instructors have planned and tested this procedure and you’ve got to listen and trust them ( personally I’ve got to believe in myself)
Then we hit the road with Chris starting out then it was my turn, the one thing I was absolutely petrified about about was hitting/mounting the kerbs when turning the beast of a trailer but with expert tuition and guidance from Chris we got back to the yard in one piece. I throughly enjoyed it and my nervousness calmed down quite a bit.
The last hour of the day we did some more reversing and then coupling/uncoupling which seems ok to get the hang of although I struggled like a good in getting the yellow airline on (so I’m having extra weetabix this morning lol)
All in all I felt a good first day and am really looking forward to the rest of the week. :sunglasses:

I’ll leave Rog to edit this :smiley: :smiley:

Andy1969:
I’ll leave Rog to edit this

No need to :smiley:

Here you are …

weetabix.jpg

Update

Second day of training went well on the road Chris took me on some narrow and awkward places but managed them all ok and drive was good, coupling and uncoupling nailed that so happy with that part however still couldn’t get the hang of the reverse.

Day 3 Another good drive and finally getting the hang of the reverse although was taking a shunt or two by the end of the day got it in the box without a shunt so ended the day well chuffed with myself.

Last day of training today to iron out any last minute problems ready for test tomorrow.

Watch this space for the result

Good luck and try to relax and not over think things. Take your time and do your best. Hopefully it will all come together on test day.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

simcor:
Good luck and try to relax and not over think things. Take your time and do your best. Hopefully it will all come together on test day.

Thanks mate

rearaxle:
Good luck

Thanks mate

All the best for your test. Two tips: dont hesitate to take a shunt on the reverse - - you’re allowed two. Secondly, take your time when approaching any hazard on the road (but get on with it when safe to do so).

And another: dont rush the couple and uncouple and, for crying out loud, make sure you pull the park brake on the trailer before you start coupling and again before the recouple.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
All the best for your test. Two tips: dont hesitate to take a shunt on the reverse - - you’re allowed two. Secondly, take your time when approaching any hazard on the road (but get on with it when safe to do so).

And another: dont rush the couple and uncouple and, for crying out loud, make sure you pull the park brake on the trailer before you start coupling and again before the recouple.

Take care, Pete S [emoji38] [emoji38]

Sage advice as always Pete.

All the best for tomorrow!!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pete S:

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the advice Pete that’s pretty much what Chris has been drumming into me this week

SquireT:
All the best for tomorrow!!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate

Good luck.