newbie looking for advice

Hi,

I am in the process for appling for my provisional and am looking to start a training. At the moment i am based in Sheffield for uni, but home location is wembley in London, and would appreciate some advice on training schools, i was looking into wallace training school based at wembley.

i am 18 years old, and am thinking to do C1 then move onto the HGV 1 but because of age, would this be good idea?

also can anyone recommend cheap medical in sheffield, otherwise i would have to go to london to the driving schools recommend medical GPs, it just saves me a week in getting provisional, and i want to do the theory test before the rules change in april. once to passed the theory do you have to do it again for the other categories?

any advice would be appreciated

many thanks in advance

ankit

for cheap medicals follow the link in the announcement at the top of this forum :wink:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19955

WELCOME 4nk17 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4nk17:
Hi,
i am 18 years old, and am thinking to do C1 then move onto the HGV 1 but because of age, would this be good idea?

If that is want YOU want, then yes.
The C1 test is exactly the same as the C test with the exception of size and gearbox - the C1 usually has a gearbox like that of a car.

4nk17:
also can anyone recommend cheap medical in sheffield, otherwise i would have to go to london to the driving schools recommend medical GPs, it just saves me a week in getting provisional,
any advice would be appreciated

ckick the link in my signature and you will find all the relevant links to medicals as well as some pre training tips.

4nk17:
and i want to do the theory test before the rules change in april. once to passed the theory do you have to do it again for the other categories?
many thanks in advance
ankit

going to ring DSA for this answer

UPDATE - if you do the theory for C1 then, even if it is over 2 years, you DO NOT have to do the theory for C
CE does not require a theory test at all.

There is a cheap medicals clinic in Sheffield
driversmedicals.com/Sheffield.html
so no need to travel to London for it.
Good Luck

Welcome to the mad house :laughing:

There is a training school in Enfeild a mate of mine passed his there a few years ago if that is not too far to travel from Wembley