Newbie saying hi!

Hello all,

How is everyone? I am new here and on the path to becoming a class 1 driver hopefully, I have had my medical done Wednesday and have sent off my licence. Also just booked my 1a and 1b as well as MOD 2 for the 21st/22nd of March. Is test dates always this long away? I am currently living in London and nearest test centre is in Southwark.

Going to be doing my training through PSTT hopefully once the theory test is all out of the way and done with already put my deposit down for class 1 and 2! so will be doing them sort of back to back so once I have passed class 2 and got licence back I will go straight in for my class 1.

Anyone currently working around London? what is the pay and work like around here?

Around 3 weeks for theory tests is about average; good luck with them.

Excellent choice of trainer btw!

All the best with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck, I used PSTT I don’t think you will have any regrets.

Hi, welcome to the family :grimacing:

As Pete says that’s about average, could be a month or two if it’s busy!

London is a big area mate so the work and pay may differ, I’m no help as I haven’t been into London since I was driving vans. I’m lucky so far, I don’t intend on going into London until I have to lol! :slight_smile:

I booked mine a couple of days ago and will be doing them in the 21St March, that’s based in Leeds.

For my mod 2 I didn’t want to wait 3 weeks for a theory test so I checked all the test centres within 50 miles of me and managed to get one in 3 days time.

Hi Kakuruto,

Best of luck with the licence app. I’ve got my provisional C, I did have a temporary set back to health last year, however would like to press ahead with theory. I know some of the theory is common sense or you should know from driving a car. Are there any books, CD roms, DVDs I can buy to assist with theory practice!!!

Just passed my theories last week, personally I found reading the DVSA official guide to driving goods vehicles and then just doing a lot of practice questions on an iPhone app worked the best, did the same for PCV theories and it’s worked for passing 1st time with both sets of theories!

Is this the book Cman? I gather it’s the current one amazon.co.uk/Official-Guide- … 0115530819

And this one, would the books on Amazon be the most up to date? dsabooks.co.uk/product_info. … cts_id=294

Yeah that first one is the one I read, I’ve looked through parts of that second one, the theory test for large vehicles, but I didn’t like it much myself because I was too lazy to have to keep turning to the back to find the answer to check :laughing: It’s probably quite useful to be fair, it’s just I found it easier on an app where it told me if I’d got it right or not straight after and I could do mock tests etc.

As far as I know they should be the most up to date ones on there yes :smiley: (from what I can see if you get the second book too just make sure it’s the 2015 edition)

cman:
Yeah that first one is the one I read, I’ve looked through parts of that second one, the theory test for large vehicles, but I didn’t like it much myself because I was too lazy to have to keep turning to the back to find the answer to check :laughing: It’s probably quite useful to be fair, it’s just I found it easier on an app where it told me if I’d got it right or not straight after and I could do mock tests etc.

As far as I know they should be the most up to date ones on there yes :smiley: (from what I can see if you get the second book too just make sure it’s the 2015 edition)

I’ve got the book, is useful to take out and swot if I’ve got to wait anywhere. I gather I could maybe use a website again to practise mock tests too!!!