Attempting to get to class 1 (C&E)

Hi all ,

I’m new to the forum and also quite new to the world of hgv’s (Apart from being a delivery passenger for a few years) but now My mission is to become a Hgv class 1 driver. I’ve read through some topics on here and it seems there are a lot of friendly people willing to help out so I’m hoping some of you could point me in the right directions :slight_smile:

Today I went for my medical and sent off the application shortly after first class signed for, how long would it take before I can book my theory modules along with my hazard perception?

Many thanks

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

You can book your theory test when your provisional licence has been issued. You can check this at gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Once your provisional entitlements show “C” you can go ahead and book your theory tests at gov.uk/book-theory-test

Bear in mind that you must have your licence in your hand when you go for theory tests. It’s normally only 2 or 3 days between the entitlement showing and you receiving the licence.

Best of luck with the theory tests. Anything else I can help with, just shout.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

You can book your theory test when your provisional licence has been issued. You can check this at gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Once your provisional entitlements show “C” you can go ahead and book your theory tests at gov.uk/book-theory-test

Bear in mind that you must have your licence in your hand when you go for theory tests. It’s normally only 2 or 3 days between the entitlement showing and you receiving the licence.

Best of luck with the theory tests. Anything else I can help with, just shout.

First of all Thank you Pete!

I know I’m jumping the gun abit here but do you know anyone that covers practical lessons/test in the south-east region? (London) I’ve been looking on the web but there is so many and some of them have a few reviews that flag up to me as worrying. I would rather go for 1 that somebody can recommend?

Once again many thanks.

Have you checked out the members recommended schools and the independent reviews contained within the link in my signature below :question:

Have you considered a residential course out of your area :question:

ROG:
Have you checked out the members recommended schools and the independent reviews contained within the link in my signature below :question:

Have you considered a residential course out of your area :question:

No rog I haven’t tbh, current commitments holds me back from stay residentially unfortunately but I would be able to travel so as long as it’s not to far a field then I won’t mind. Gonna have a look through your link now

Our residential courses run not only during the week but also at weekends. The normal format is to arrive Friday evening and leave us, having passed your test, Monday mid-morning.

Maybe that helps?

I passed my class 2 and class 1 a couple of months ago with a school called A-Class in Gillingham, great instructors.

Peter Smythe:
Our residential courses run not only during the week but also at weekends. The normal format is to arrive Friday evening and leave us, having passed your test, Monday mid-morning.

Maybe that helps?

Hi Pete did have a look at your site but unfortunately your Over 140 miles away so it is a tad bit far for me personally, however the courses you provided sound perfect! I guess this is where the saying come from “you can’t have your cake and eat it” lol :unamused:

That being the case, go to Roadtrain at Thurrock. Another NVDIR approved school with it’s own test centre. Tell Dawn or Nick that I sent you.

Not quite as good as us - but there you go!!!

Hi,

I don’t know wheater this be to far out for you but I trained at JLD Driver Training in Abingdon, they start the course on Wednesday and test day on Tuesday.

Thank you Pete and thank you Bert330201 , I will most definitely look at both of these companies and take them into consideration when I’m booking my practical driving.

I received my Digi card yesterday so just waiting for my entitlement to be put on and off I go! Anyone know how long this takes as Dvla have had my licence now for like a week and still no sign to say anything is happening? :confused:

Should be any day now, assuming that the forms were filled in correctly and there are no issues.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That’s not to bad then, just want to get going with this ASAP! :cry: