Newbie class i driver been offered container job

Hi all. I a newbie and been offered job on containers. Any advise on nights out etc and pros and cons. A little nervous on the prospect of nights out and what it entails. All advise welcome :laughing: :laughing:

Take it. Nice easy work to get you bedded in.

romulas:
Hi all. I a newbie and been offered job on containers. Any advise on nights out etc and pros and cons. A little nervous on the prospect of nights out and what it entails. All advise welcome :laughing: :laughing:

I think Lucy does a lot of container work - you could find a post by Lucy, click on her name and then send her a PM :smiley:

Someone else has posted a couple of times recently asking about containers and what it entails, so just search ā€œcontainersā€, lots of replies including how to lock them to the trailer etc. My first job offer was on Containers and I wouldā€™ve gone for it if I hadnā€™t gone for a fridge job instead, sounded like fairly easy work, just a lot of waiting and the same old route day in day out. But as a noob take what you can get, especially if itā€™s permanent, can always leave if you find something better.

It all depends on who you would be working forā€¦

I run out of Hull and Tilbury Mon - Fri and I could be going anywhere in the UKā€¦

The night out thing depends on how you want to play it and what time you pick up the box during the dayā€¦

PM me and Iā€™ll try and answer any questionsā€¦

Cheers

Paul (aka Alfieā€¦)

thanks for all replies. never done nights out so that is only reservation i have. where to park etc

romulas:
thanks for all replies. never done nights out so that is only reservation i have. where to park etc

Depends on the policies of who youā€™re working for and whether they pay for parking or not.but they should tell you that.
My firm wont have me parking in laybys or ind estates etc (sackable)empty or loaded,so I have to park at motorway services or approved truckstops where you get your load stolen and diesel nicked anyway :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Container work is a great opportunity for a Class One ā€œrookieā€, so if the terms and conditions are reasonable - take it !

However, also make sure you take it easy at those juntions and roundabouts, or youā€™ll be over on your ribs - especially if youā€™re carrying alchohol, itā€™s heavy stuff!

Best of luck!

Watch out for heavy single 20 footers, then can be a little unstable, shall we say.
I would do containers again if it didnā€™t involve going into Southampton docks that is. :angry:

And get used to plenty of slepping while being tipped,or invest in some good reading material, :wink: or a dvd player/tv/laptop.

Ken.