New year resolution - get C+E on my licence

well eventualy. ive got all year to do it.

i remember seeing a link posted somewhere on here for the theory test and dcpc guides, so if anyone can help with that, it would be a good start (plus its my birthday in february so that would make a good present to me). Ive done the medical so thats a start!

Theres a training place near me in Crawley (think its called Crawley HGV) - has anyone had experience of these guys? ive not seen them about much.

charliebear:
i remember seeing a link posted somewhere on here for the theory test and dcpc guides, so if anyone can help with that

Rogs signature has the link for all the info…if i remember correctly, been a while since i first looked at it! :laughing:
Just dont say he put it all together…not the best move!!

I take it you havent done the rigid/c/class 2 test yet?
If you havent then all the best for it!!

charliebear:
i remember seeing a link posted somewhere on here for the theory test and dcpc guides, so if anyone can help with that, it would be a good start (plus its my birthday in february so that would make a good present to me). Ive done the medical so thats a start!

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

charliebear:
Theres a training place near me in Crawley (think its called Crawley HGV) - has anyone had experience of these guys? ive not seen them about much.

charlie,

a couple of the lads i work with out of littlehampton did thier training with them (i think), i will ask them and post on here next time i see them if you would like me to?

best of luck with it all and have fun mate

Rog , i forgot about your signature (only kidding, you cant miss it!)

need to do Cat C first obviously, and the CPC as well - ive got no worries about passing the CPC, i tend to do well at written/theory test stuff (going on past experiences here :laughing: ). I think the only bit i’ll have an issue with is the drive home after lessons and the test, going from a truck to a mini :laughing:. secretly, im fairly confident about it, ive had a bit of practise with the odd horsebox round a farm yard without crashing it :grimacing:

Lee, if you could find out that would be great, otherwise i’ll find out when i go for an assessment drive, theres also a place in lancing or littlehampton that does training as well, so i might go round a couple of places to have a look and see how much my wallet will get raped.

The licence is needed for Mod 4 so if you are intending to do CE as soon as poss then doing things this way might be useful - it allows the examiner to deal with your licence at the end of the C test.

Pass mod 4 then mod 3 (some schools are fitting in the mod 4 test during the mod 3 training) - await licence back from DVLA and then CE
or
Pass mod 3 - await licence back from DVLA and then mod 4 & CE - a little downside is that you cannot do any LGV driving until you have passed mod 4

well i’ll concentrate on getting cat C first, i’ll worry about C+E when im ready, and if cat C job opportunities are nowhere to be found.
do it one step at a time, then i can’t ■■■■ it up!

Just remember that the DSA examiner CANNOT deal with your licence if you pass C, keep licence, then pass Mod 4 - you have to send it yourself and lose your pass certificate as DVLA do not send it back when doing it yourself.

If sending to DVLA yourself then SCAN everything before posting. (at least that way you also get to keep a copy of your pass cert)

i see. i’ll get mod 1 & 2 done and out the way, and then find a trainig place, and see what they think of me :laughing: .
ive got the funds ready for mod 1 & 2 so will be booking those soon.

charliebear:
I think the only bit i’ll have an issue with is the drive home after lessons and the test, going from a truck to a mini

I always wanted to lower my car to the floor (206) but after a two weeks of training it felt like me ■■■■ checks were scrapping the floor!! Also good fun!! Dont worry thou seriously, u will find that you will drop straight into it easily!

tonka236:

charliebear:
I think the only bit i’ll have an issue with is the drive home after lessons and the test, going from a truck to a mini

I always wanted to lower my car to the floor (206) but after a two weeks of training it felt like me ■■■■ checks were scrapping the floor!! Also good fun!! Dont worry thou seriously, u will find that you will drop straight into it easily!

well the mini is pretty much on the floor, think theres about 2 inch or so between the road and the sump guard, 3 inch if you take the guard off (its made of 3/8 inch ally and its completely battered now). it used to have some strips of titanium rivetted to it so if it bottomed out you’d get loads of sparks flying off it :unamused: but ive grown up since then

If you can get a break of about 15 mins between driving the truck and driving the car then it will help.