Really nice to meet you all :)

Rog I have no idea if I have posted this in the right place but here goes… im 27 and I have been driving buses and coaches since i was 19, my old man was a lorry driver and coach operator so driving is in the blood. Im doing my class C training on the 30th April and my test on the 4th May, i cant wait as I have always loved driving and loved trucks even more so. All you guys and girls make it even more interesting and I hope to be joining you all very soon… Love Nick :smiley:

who you training with?

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome DarkKnightofAlbion :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As you already have a D licence then you have aquired (grandfather) rights for THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC but you will still have to do THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC for LGV - I hope your training school has mentioned this to you.

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

elmet training:
who you training with?

Im training with wallace at wembley stadium. To be honest I asked around a few years back with Sterling aka Qualitas a few years back and received such bad customer service it was no wonder they went bust. No wallace seems good, they have been around as long as trucks themselves so im hoping i pass first time. My instructor is a guy called John and he seems like a sound bloke.

Oh yeah and thanks Rog, I have looked, and you have some brill stuff. I passed my theory with 99 / 100 and my HP and CPC theory. Just the dreaded practical CPC.

DarkKnightofAlbion:
Im training with wallace at wembley

They are in the members recommended training schools list :smiley:

I passed my theory … my HP and CPC theory.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks Rog, I have looked, and you have some brill stuff

Many members besides myself can take the credit for the info - all I did was to collate it into one place

DarkKnightofAlbion:
im 27 and I have been driving buses and coaches since i was 19,

Do you have D manual or auto ?

ROG:

DarkKnightofAlbion:
im 27 and I have been driving buses and coaches since i was 19,

Do you have D manual or auto ?

I originally started working for Metroline driving the 140 from Harrow to Heathrow airport, they paid for me to gain a automatic license. Then I wanted to drive the coaches so I upgraded my license to a manual but unfortunately the guy who was paying refused to let me do my class c which would have automatically upgraded me to a manual coach license for the fear of me running away.

DarkKnightofAlbion:
unfortunately the guy who was paying refused to let me do my class c which would have automatically upgraded me to a manual coach license for the fear of me running away.

Good try :wink:

ROG:

DarkKnightofAlbion:
unfortunately the guy who was paying refused to let me do my class c which would have automatically upgraded me to a manual coach license for the fear of me running away.

Good try :wink:

Yeah I think he knew me too well, in fact sometimes I think he knew better than myself as he said once “why would I pay you to leave me” and I never even told him I wanted to drive lorry’s. Although he may have caught me drooling over the lorry training school next door to our yard on the odd occasion.

DarkKnightofAlbion:
the lorry training school next door to our yard

Was that Wallace or another ?

ROG:

DarkKnightofAlbion:
the lorry training school next door to our yard

Was that Wallace or another ?

No this was a very small establishment they only had two rigids but the instructors used to come over for a chat now and then, we used to run out of East Lane in Wembley so im not sure of the name. Although Wallace’s trucks are everywhere around here.

DarkKnightofAlbion:
very small establishment they only had two rigids but the instructors used to come over for a chat now and then, we used to run out of East Lane in Wembley so im not sure of the name

st-christopherstraining.co.uk/
I think that’s it :smiley:

ROG:

DarkKnightofAlbion:
very small establishment they only had two rigids but the instructors used to come over for a chat now and then, we used to run out of East Lane in Wembley so im not sure of the name

st-christopherstraining.co.uk/
I think that’s it :smiley:

Hey I think you hit the nail on the head there, I think they need to update there site, i remember the couple they parked there being old but they didn’t look as old as the ones in those pics. Although I remember the coach being there and that was ropey as old boots. I never forget when I did my training in Edmonton at a place called Johns driving school. I can safely say I have never been in a more unroadworthy vehicle and the crazy instructor chain smoking as you drove along, it was like driving with the motor on fire. (and this is after the smoking ban).

Hi DarkKnightofAlbion,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV theory and HP tests :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Glad to have you aboard mate, and please keep us updated. :smiley:

dieseldave:
Hi DarkKnightofAlbion,

Glad to have you aboard mate, and please keep us updated. :smiley:

Thanks dieseldave i’ll keep you updated. only a week to go now, to be honest learning to drive for me is always the fun bit. wallace told me to concentrate on the test and then pass that, then they will sort out the CPC practical test after, for some reason i thought it would be at the same time as the practical test.

DarkKnightofAlbion:
wallace told me to concentrate on the test and then pass that, then they will sort out the CPC practical test after

Wallace should also tell you this…
You need your licence for the dcpc mod 4 so allowing the examiner to deal with your licence after passing C could be a problem as DVLA can take weeks to return it.

The alternative is for you to retain your licence after passing C and then send it off yourself after passing the mod 4

Another alternative - let examiner deal wih the licence and then book a mod 4 test after it is returned - many do this if they are going to do CE asap as they need the licence back to book the CE training & test

Before sending it off to DVLA -

Scan both sides of your licence (both parts) and the C pass certificate (you don’t usually not get this back) - print copies and if poss get a ‘responsible person’ (doctor, teacher, policeperson, company director etc) to sign those copies as being TRUE.

You can send a SELF STAMPED ADDRESSED envelope to DVLA and ask for your orignal licence back and DVLA will put a hole through the photo and send it back to you - try asking for the test pass certificate back - gotta be worth a try :bulb:

DarkKnightofAlbion:
for some reason i thought it would be at the same time as the practical test.

Many schools do the mod 4 training & test DURING the C practical training

ROG:

DarkKnightofAlbion:
Wallace should also tell you this…
You need your licence for the dcpc mod 4 so allowing the examiner to deal with your licence after passing C could be a problem as DVLA can take weeks to return it.

thank you :slight_smile: . this is very true and i could see there being issues here too. although saying that when i sent off for my provisional LGV license i posted it on the monday and got it back the same friday, they must be improving recently. saying that though they would probably loose mine in the post or something out of the ordinary. so i guess i will keep hold of it and send it off when i have done mod 4. Thanks Rog :wink:

Hi and welcome to the forum - good luck with the C test but with your experience on the buses it should come quite easily for you :smiley:

m4rky:
Hi and welcome to the forum - good luck with the C test but with your experience on the buses it should come quite easily for you :smiley:

thanks m4rky :wink: