New Year New Job

First off i had better say hello to you all as i have just joined the site :smiley:

Yesterday ( sat 6th jan ) was my last day at my old job , Kuehne & Nagel , formerly ACR and before that HAYS which is what it was when i started 5 years ago as a drivers mate or porter whatever you want to call it.
After being told for a long time " we’ll get your driver training done soon" and it never actually happening i spent the grand myself and passed my class 2 on 2nd April 06, and since then have been making furniture home deliveries all over much of england.
However i decided id had enough of â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  sofabeds to 10th floor flats in london or trying to find house names on the isle of whight in the dark on a 3 mile country lane when its raining and then trying to deliver a 3 piece suite without getting it wet,

So anyway as of this monday i start working for Foulgers Transport in snetterton norfolk and they will soon be training me on my class 1 licence.

Time to see what this general haulage business is all about,

( oh and finally i get a truck to myself ) :sunglasses: :smiley:

Good luck lofty, hope it goes well for you. I used to live opposite Foulgers up until i was arond 5yrs old, they used to be in Quidenham. Ifound out the other week that one of the top men there is someone i used to play football with when we were 12-15, Barry Germany his name is. There used to be a nice looking lady driver there, she had an FH Globetrotter, havent seen her for a long time thou.
Anyway, welcome to T/Net and good luck.

thanks for the welcome,

sounds like a boring one tomorrow as its all meet the staff and induction training, great fun, be nice to find out what il actually be doing though and no doubt il be on this site a bit picking your brains :exclamation:

Good luck lofty - let us know how it goes!

Welcome Lofty and well done for coming over to the ‘proper’ side of trucking and giving the mamby pamby logistics companies a miss :wink:

i’m new on here like you lofty, but been in the game for far too long!

i hope you get the training you’ve been promised, if you do stay loyal to them - it’s surprising how it get appreciated. I now of many drivers that get trained then run to the next company offering a few quid more. it usually ends in tears.

hey kindle. im from eccles. on a personal note i would not touch foulgers with a 10 foot barge pole. barry is a prat. tom is the best his partner in the business tom baron. the girl you are on about is sue. she is still there. word of warning my freind be very carefull of a driver called bruce (mr foulger) he is a complete and utter zb

good luck lofty.
After 5 years of the crap you have been doing I would think you will find Foulgers a dream.

didnt foulgers have a cafe on site also didnt they used to european as well.

Yes and Yes. No cafe now. don’t know about eorope now. Was on the boat to Ireland with one last summer.

they have a wrecker i want to photograph, thats about all i know about them except they do a bit of chicken litter to the power stations on bulk

sorry, hello lofty and welcome to the site, hopw you enjoy it!!

They did do euro work, i used to ship Felixstowe europort on a sunday night with a few of them

thanks for the welcomes people,

r slicker - its actually tom i work for he is the company director ive not met a barry, from what ive seen so far the place is already 200% better than my last place tho. il keep an eye out for bruce anyway cheers haha

1st bit of driving tomorrow in a volvo fm9 54 plate with an auto box, 6 wheel rigid and going to chatham in kent. all i know at the moment but sounds easy enough to me.

the cafe is gone yes but there is one just over the road.

and i dont think much of the truck wash that has no soap, i saw the same artic go through 4 times and still wasnt clean haha oh well

and euromat i take it the wrecker you want a pic of is the â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  old bullnose i spotted in a dark corner? sry i didnt see the make.

glad you are enjoying it. tom+barry are partners. i could go into the story but would be 10 pages long :laughing: . 90% of the lads+lasses on there are great. just bruce who spoils everything. with a bit of luck he has retired. the scania is a 112 bull nose and is rotten as a pear. i worked on it when they first got it as our operating centre was in there yard for a while after we fell out with rory holbrook after he bought acv. barry has no concept of sleep he will push you. tom well he is a gentleman you will have nothing but help from him. phil is good also. good luck and if you need any info pm me. regards brian