New truck update 3

I have now received my “revised” quote from DAF which is now

£64,097

But this is before any of the “extras” that I want fitted and also I cant get the size tanks fitted in the chassis I want.

I have also received my quote from VOLVO this is after 3 weeks but they have explained the delay to my satisfaction (wires getting crossed at Warwick)

For an FH12 460 I-SHIFT Prestige xl globetrotter 6x2 they have quoted me

£66,922

This is with full R & M for 3 years as opposed to 3 years PMI with DAF.
And also come with all the extras (dealer fit) that I want the only additional items would be the tanks & roof air-con unit.

Talking af which I’ve seen in this weeks C.M that eberspacher have a new product out along these lines on page 23 (Neil :wink: )

Still waiting for IVECO,MERCEDES (strange he seemed the most keen on the phone) will ring RENAULT next month when the magnum with the volvo running gear is debuted.May even ring MAN/ERF as well.

That’s not a bad price for the Volvo. I saw the Eberspacher thing and that looks very good, will talk to Volvo about getting one fitted when I spec the new truck in the new year, well worth £995 when it stops having to sleep in an oven. Not really worth getting one on this one as I will only have it for another 15 months and not all those months are hot ones.

Found more information on the a/c unit being marketed by Erberspacher here, click the sleeping well link.

Thanks for that Neil

Seems strange that there is no mention of it on the eberspacher site :confused:

maybe they just haven’t updated it yet.

There is a feature on the roof mounted units that work with water in the latest T&D and they say the price tag for one of those is £8500. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Can that be the right price or is it a misprint and it is meant to be £850. I mean the Erberspacher one is £995?

Must be a misprint I know sombody eho had one fitted a couple of years ago for £850 :laughing:

That’s what I figured, £8500 was just way too much.

just a little update on my own new truck, price has mysteriously dropped to £62350 :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: so im having sat nav fitted :sunglasses: :sunglasses: delivery is now december :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

paul

flatbedman:
just a little update on my own new truck, price has mysteriously dropped to £62350 :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: so im having sat nav fitted :sunglasses: :sunglasses: delivery is now december :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

paul

maybe you shoul give them the sat nav to find you truck on the production line :laughing:

funny how I was quoted an october delivery 2 weeks ago :question:

hopefully the salesman is just covering his ■■■■, and i might get it in november!

paul

found this advertised in trucking page 24 this is the only web site I could find nothing on the thermo king site about it?

http://www.nortron.dk/About_MOPACC/about_mopacc.htm

Thought the fifth paragraph would be of interest to you Neil :wink:

just found this

http://www.thermoking.com/aboutus/pressrel/preeDisplay.asp?id=267

and
http://www.mopacc.com

loads of info on the downloads & apparently in is a factory fit on volvo’s and magnums :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looks good Sean. The only problem from my point of view is that it looks like it takes up fuel tank space on the chassis.

a chap i know has had a bepe one fitted to the roof of his xl he says its excellant piece of kit and he now wouldnt be without it :laughing:

what about a working chicken box

hitch:
what about a working chicken box

■■?

Coffeeholic:
Found more information on the a/c unit being marketed by Erberspacher here, click the sleeping well link.

I want one of those things! Can’t see how she’d cool you down though! :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: