New Truck Prices

Hi and good day to all,

I’m looking at some new trucks and need any info regarding prices that you may have in respect of Daf Superspace/Merc Mega space
/Volvo FH/Scania Topline all trucks 4X2 engine range 420 to 480.
Scania have just quoted £75000 for R440LA4X2MNA Topline Euro 5
Scania have just quoted £68000 for R480 Topline BUT ! Euro 4
Merc have quoted £58000 for 1848 Megaspace Euro 4 but with Teligent gearbox (EPS) I think this is the old model ? not the new one Renauld Magnum New facelift 4X2 £58000 with opticruise Euro 5

Still waiting for Daf and Volvo ?

jjsl

as far as i,m aware merc are only supplying trucks with the new powershift gearbox now

go for a 1 year old one and save your self a bit good bit of brass

also if you would save money buying a non adblue truck

Hi,

I think the Merc’s were a special order with that gearbox, there are 10 available :blush:

I need Euro 5 trucks, the amount of time we spend in Germany and Austria will save a lot of money each year over Euro 3 :smiley:

many thanks

jjsl

i was quoted £75,000 for a Volvo FH GTXL 6x2 basic spec, this was last November

L:ast week, i received a phonecall from the new truck salesman at Volvo in my area, he told me he could let me have a FH GTXL 480 6x2 Anniversary Edition for £65,000 :open_mouth:

at that price, i was almost tempted

does it have to be a 4x2? you will benefit from cheaper road tax if it is a 6x2

I got a price for 5 new DAF’s 105XF super space 6x2 euro 4 460’s last year at £66,000 each.

Volvo want £70,000 for a new shape 480 6x2 euro 4 with 2 year servicing which is not standard with the new model.

I’ve heard our local Volvo dealer is selling a cancelled order for £61500 with no servicing. Daf have just sold a cancelled order for £61,000.

I’m thinking of cancelling my order and buying some ex innovate Volvos for about 30k each.

Truck dealers need to accept we are in recession and price accordingly.

Theres an ex demo Actros in cm for £49k. 2548 6x2 mega,80k,powershift. '08 reg thou.

Interesting !! but we only run abroad !! no uk so 6X2 no good and most of the time we only
carry 4/5 ton. However the Merc’s in CM sound interesting and I still think that the prices
being quotated are to high. I think they are waiting for good old Gordon :blush: to pump money into
them and that way they just sit on the hundreds of vehicles sitting around and sell them in 6 months
time at top prices.
Have you seen any good deals for cars !! no same thing, just leave them sitting in fields and shut down the
factories for 2/3 months and then say to Gordon, we are not going to open again unless you pump money
into us, like you have with the bank’s.
Well that’s how I see it, otherwise there would be ad’s in the papers and on TV shouting look at these deals !!
Also, most of the commercial dealers have said that they are about to increase the prices by upto 8%.

Regards

jjsl

jjsl,i agree with what you have said. When they start advertising demo’s for £40k then pounce.

i would love to put mine in for a new now as there are some right bargains to be had but the way work is i just darent risk it,
5 yrs ago i paid 61k for a merc megaspace with 2 yrs r/m, i can have the same truck again now with 2yrs r/m for only 4k more :open_mouth:
just doesnt add up

There is are still dealers who are not in the real world.Quote from Scania (North West) dealer.New R620 6x2 topline.£98.750.00p!!!
Are they out of there mind!!!
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Did hear of a fully loaded Scania 4x2 480 cancelled order looking for a home at Scania West Pennine Telford.
New cost 70k but they are talking to people who are offering late 50’s early 60’s. :laughing: :laughing:

Daf S/S 6X2 2007 Ex Maritime secondhandtrucks.co.uk £50K and Volvo £50K
Same vehicles from Hanburyriverside same prices.
However, have found Volvo FH13 6X2 Globetrotter xl 2008 Euro 5 £51K will be having a look this week, they
also have 2007 Merc Megaspace 2546 2007 (07) £36K

Regards

jjsl

chaversdad:
i would love to put mine in for a new now as there are some right bargains to be had but the way work is i just darent risk it,
5 yrs ago i paid 61k for a merc megaspace with 2 yrs r/m, i can have the same truck again now with 2yrs r/m for only 4k more :open_mouth:
just doesnt add up

I’ve been told Merc are now offering upto 5yrs R&M with new Actros units! Would be well worth a look as in real terms that could be a saving of £4k+ a year

i know what you mean badger but i,ve just made the last payment on this one and its nice to see the £1,050 a month staying in my bank , for the time being at least anyway, i,ll see how things are in 6 months i reckon

Bear:
Did hear of a fully loaded Scania 4x2 480 cancelled order looking for a home at Scania West Pennine Telford.
New cost 70k but they are talking to people who are offering late 50’s early 60’s. :laughing: :laughing:

if that was a 58 plate Topline white cab/blue chassis thats been sold to someone in ireland now.

Sam

chaversdad:
i know what you mean badger but i,ve just made the last payment on this one and its nice to see the £1,050 a month staying in my bank , for the time being at least anyway, i,ll see how things are in 6 months i reckon

Trouble is you just end up paying it to the tax man coz youre not claiming as much back…cant win

its not to bad i,ve just got a new trailer to go in with this years and i might have to get a new pickup next year :laughing: