New training company

Hello,
Just found this new company advertising, over £1600 for class 2 (category C) licence, don’t know where they are based, just an 0800 number, that is alot of money. It sounds like all the other national companies.

TheLGVTrainingCompany.co.uk

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If you are looking to train I can highly recommend J Coates, just did my Class1 with them and before anyone asks NO I’m not on any comission :grimacing:

fallingbostel:
Hello,
Just found this new company advertising, over £1600 for class 2 (category C) licence, don’t know where they are based, just an 0800 number, that is alot of money. It sounds like all the other national companies.

http://www.TheLGVTrainingCompany.co.uk

OH NO! Another one!!! Best advice is always to find recommended school and visit them before booking. If possible book assessment drives. Some charge a bit - some are free. Worth the money to find out how you’ll be treated, standard of truck, training centre etc.

Best of luck with it all

Quote and url tidied to display correctly by dd (Hope you don’t mind Peter :wink: )

Peter Smythe:

fallingbostel:
Hello,

OH NO! Another one!!! Best advice is always to find recommended school and visit them before booking. If possible book assessment drives. Some charge a bit - some are free. Worth the money to find out how you’ll be treated, standard of truck, training centre etc.

Best of luck with it all

:open_mouth: Blimey, that’s a bit steep for Cat “C.” :open_mouth:

They seem to think that HGV and LGV are 2 different types of vehicle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I feel sorry for the folks that get ripped off by these muppets. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Just had a look at their site:

"Someone like you could take one of our recommended, DSA approved four day LGV training courses.
If you’re a confident car driver, but you haven’t had much experience around large vehicles, you might want to take one of our DSA approved five day LGV Training courses. You’ll get a bit more time behind the wheel to get your confidence up.
We know some people take a little longer to get used to things. If you’re a bit daunted by the prospect of being in control of such a large vehicle, you might want to think about our DSA approved six day LGV Training course. This course allows you to spend a bit more time familiarising yourself with the vehicle and manoeuvres. "
Perhaps the DSA would like to know that they’ve started approving courses! The DSA don’t approve courses. The whole thing seems to be yet another scam. BUYER BEWARE!!

Hello,
As bubsy06 said, this new company doesn’t know that HGV and LGV are one of the same thing, I sent them an email, but haven’t heard anything from them, I told them it was HGV, then changed quite a few years ago to LGV, as I am sure all you readers know.

I am having a problem in picking something UNTRUE on their site that they state as FACT.

Maybe one of you can see something…

The wording does give an ‘impression’ but nothing more as far as I can see.

ROG:
I am having a problem in picking something UNTRUE on their site that they state as FACT.

Maybe one of you can see something…

The wording does give an ‘impression’ but nothing more as far as I can see.

Hi ROG, The part that IMHO is very debatable is “Very high demand for qualified drivers.”

Q1. Whereabouts would this “very high demand” be ?

Q2. Would the companies with the “very high demand” be prepared to employ newly qualified drivers ?

Now IIRC, if an advert designed to sell a product or service is misleading then Trading Standards might wish to have a look at it. It’s not really for us to second guess what Trading Standards may or may not do about something that’s brought to their attention.

Perhaps this “very high demand for qualified drivers” bit needs quantifying, thereby making it a bit more transparent…

They would just say it’s their ‘OPINION’ and then there is the meaning of ‘HIGH DEMAND’ - too loose to get a hook into IMO.

They have had an expert write that lot up

Peter Smythe:

fallingbostel:
Hello,

Best of luck with it all

Quote and url tidied to display correctly by dd (Hope you don’t mind Peter :wink: )

I agree 100% with Peters comments check out your local training companies if they have nothing to hide they will welcome you going down to check them out.

Ask questions if they want your business they will give you time, don’t be presured into signing up allow yourself time to make an informed choice after all you are spending your hard earned cash.

Remember one size does not fit all.

ROG:
They would just say it’s their ‘OPINION’ and then there is the meaning of ‘HIGH DEMAND’ - too loose to get a hook into IMO.

They have had an expert write that lot up

:unamused: Yes ROG, and the point of you doing their thinking for them is…?

The obvious experts here are Trading Standards, so neither of our opinions actually count for anything. One opinion you might have given is on the price of the Cat “C” training, which is a bit steep don’t you think?
Maybe you have an opinion on a “very high demand for qualified drivers” too.

A couple of weeks ago, we’d have heard howls of protest from you about this, so I’m wondering how it is that you now appear to be doing their thinking for them. :open_mouth:

Surely, if an advert/website looks iffy, and one objects to it, the answer is to report it to the proper authorities, rather than just idly gossiping about it. :smiley:

As I have challenged a few companies on this type of thing then I have a good idea what they will say.

No point in making a challenge if there is not an UNTRUE FACT to ‘discuss’

I am having a problem in picking something UNTRUE on their site that they state as FACT

DSA do not approve courses. Go for it!!

ROG:
As I have challenged a few companies on this type of thing then I have a good idea what they will say.

No point in making a challenge if there is not an UNTRUE FACT to ‘discuss’

Blimey ROG, this is like the X-Files, have you a recollection of a trip in a UFO? :open_mouth:

So, £1600 for Cat “C” is ok then? (Mind you, at least that’s clearly stated.)
And…, you’ve no problem whatsoever with a “very high demand for qualified drivers.”
Forgetting that we’re talking of newly qualified drivers here, where exactly would you say there is a high demand for LGV drivers? (Of any type.)

Would you dare try telling all the newbies about the high demand, whilst not forgetting that most have now realised that there is the ‘two-year experience’ thing? I forget just how many of your posts warn of the two year thing, so how come the apparent change of stance in your writing??

There are figures from trusted sources that say ■■,000s of LGV drivers out of work, so where is this ‘high demand?’ Then take into account the ‘two-year’ thing, so what chance do the poor newly qualified candidates actually stand of getting a job at even half of the wages suggested by that website after they’ve shelled out their cash??

:open_mouth: Didn’t you see the ‘no U-turn’ sign? :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldave:
So, £1600 for Cat “C” is ok then? (Mind you, at least that’s clearly stated.)

I thought that included 2 retests which is a little steep but not excessive for some parts of the UK

On the road deal £1697
Category C Training - 5 day course

Course includes Pass Insurance - an insurance policy to protect your investment that guarantees trainees 2 extra attempts to pass their driving tests, 2 hours of re-training before test. Also included is our Industry Fast Track course which is recommended to enhance employment.

However, Trading Standards are now aware of this company :wink: :wink:

Called them to ask how to get a course approved by the DSA and I got - “oops, we need to look at that statement” :exclamation:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SimonB:
These guys at highlife are very funny…

Give em a buzz…great fun trying to get them to explain themselves…

Si

I just did and they cannot give a recognised source for their info…

They’ve got ‘120 DSA Training Centres’

Maybe someone should let the DSA know■■?