hgvtraining.co.uk

Hello Guys

I have been considering for sometime now a change in career and I have been advised Class 2 would be one option to go. I submitted my details online for further information. Today I was approached by a company called hgvtraining.co.uk they promised me the world for £3400 and a almost guaranteed job with a big company direct hire on 22K per year.

I am based in the North East (Darlington) and was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this company or advise in general.

My main concern if after spending all this money will I get a job direct. I have been with agencies before for factory jobs and zero hour contracts it was terrible, I am surprised they are allowed to operate.

Thanks for your all your help

They will be a broker mate and rip you off, speak to a real trainer direct if truck driving is what you want…

They are a broker. They will rip you off. Absolute scum of the Earth.

Read about brokers on this site. Never use them, even for a CPC course.

Check out the link in my signature below

As are LGV TRAINING COMPANY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any website that offers training in 30+ locations should be treated as a broker. There are NO “real” trainers with that number of locations in UK.

A broker functions quite simply by taking your hard earned (or expensively financed) cash, sitting on it for as long as possible, eventually placing you with the cheapest trainer they can find (wont often be the best) and providing zero customer service.

IMO best to contact a good trainer to start with who will see you through the whole process, start to finish.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Also when they say they’ll help you find work it’ll be an email each week with the same jobs you’ll see on all the normal outlets. Plus once you do pass they will keep telling you how many class 1/hiab etc jobs there are in your area to try and squeeze more money from you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

goodguy121:
Hello Guys

I have been considering for sometime now a change in career and I have been advised Class 2 would be one option to go. I submitted my details online for further information. Today I was approached by a company called hgvtraining.co.uk they promised me the world for £3400 and a almost guaranteed job with a big company direct hire on 22K per year.

I am based in the North East (Darlington) and was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this company or advise in general.

My main concern if after spending all this money will I get a job direct. I have been with agencies before for factory jobs and zero hour contracts it was terrible, I am surprised they are allowed to operate.

I booked with this company in January and yes i can assure you they are a broker. The level of service you get is at best poor you ll chase them more than anything they will give you the least amount of information for each one of your tests in the end i starting calling my trainer direct as i got better info from them. Dont listen to the horse s**t of we will find you work i passed my class 2 30th June and my class 1 on the 1st August i ve not heard from them since bar one text which i got at 5pm on the 1st August saying good luck for you test today which i had at 11:30 that morning. But when all said and done dont let this put you off there is plenty of work out there and is looking good for me.

goodguy121:

Hi goodguy121,

Here’s a question to ask any potential training provider, it’s very simple indeed…

You ask: I’m a bit new to all this, so would it be OK if I come along to your training centre and see your vehicles and ask a few questions while I’m there please?

You can see that it’s a polite, fair and sensible question, right??

The answer to that question will be either ‘yes’ or ‘no’ because there’s no other option.

A reputable training school will welcome your visit with open arms, and actively encourage you. Some will offer to organise an assessment drive or offer help with obtaining your provisional licence etc, etc whereas…

…a broker will want to charge you extra for the above, generally be evasive when you ask to visit their training centre, and the real killer… be significantly more expensive that a mainstream training provider. They’ll probably claim some justification for the ‘extras’ but you should be aware that a mainstream provider will actually WANT to help you purely in the name of customer service.

goodguy121:

I hope my help came in time. :smiley:

Wow the response has been really good, this ia a very active forum. I have decided I will be doing my training with Peter. I am just looking for prospective employers now before i do the test hopefully i can secure a job on the conditon i pass my course.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi I’m still paying the £3500 inc interest 3 years later I received not that great training. And when I failed I could not book direct with the place I was told to ring the broker which charged me 30% more than the schools rate. I passed just don’t get mugged off go direct